• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Web Of Spider Man 85 quadruple cover What's it worth?

13 posts in this topic

:( I was told by another collector who collects Double Covers "and he would know" that this book has Married Covers "in other words the seller made the book by taking several copies apart and put all the covers on one book" and that is why it has not sold. Their was some discusion about it in the Double Cover thread a while back. If it were in fact a real Factory Quad Cover it probably would have sold for way more than $100 long ago. (shrug)

Got this email from gijoed:

After reading about the MIA X-Men 94 2X, I scanned some previous pages and noticed somebody inquiring about an X-Men 257 double cover, CGC 9.4 restored, offered on ebay. The same seller had an X-Men 199 double cover, and both are now sold.

It might be important to some people that this seller is Eric Birmingham, the guy who sold me "double cover" X-Men in March 2008 (they had married covers and big prices). You may remember that I emailed you about him and you, or someone, posted that email on the boards.

After my awful experiences with those transactions, I don't plan to bid on his items, no matter what ID he uses. He was selling back then as thanos*titans, and although kicked off ebay using that ID, he continues in business as subzerofz334.

Don't know if this is still listed in his Completed Items, but he recently offered an autographed comic with a Ceritificate of Authenticity. However the Ceritificate was something he had printed himself, with misspelled words, and signed himself! Now that is truly guaranteed authentic!

Joe

Don't know if this is still listed in his Completed Items, but he recently offered an autographed comic with a Ceritificate of Authenticity. However the Ceritificate was something he had printed himself, with misspelled words, and signed himself! Now that is truly guaranteed authentic!

Joe

You've got to be effin kidding me :o

Joe

You've got to be effin kidding me :o

In the immortal words of Tommy Callahan III - 'I can take a krap in a box, put a guarantee on the box, but all it is is a guaranteed piece of krap!' lol