• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay mix-up...what to do.

69 posts in this topic

That is all true. I should have waited a month and, thankfully, due to the fact that I can not longer get a retaliatory negative feedback I can say what I want about him.

I have been told my contract will not be renewed, I am trying to get my PhD finished ASAP and my basement in my new house flooded causing almost $20,000 in damage. THe last thing I need is more bad karma so I will get the man his book back but after I get my book first.

and it continues...

I got the wonder woman here..my shipper reversed the cgc shipments..I have the ww back..if you ship the book back to me I can paypal u the money or send it with the ww comic..I have a guy from ab that is thinking that I am giving him a bs story..thanks my shipping add is

and it continues...

I got the wonder woman here..my shipper reversed the cgc shipments..I have the ww back..if you ship the book back to me I can paypal u the money or send it with the ww comic..I have a guy from ab that is thinking that I am giving him a bs story..thanks my shipping add is

Wow. This is great stuff. :popcorn:

I have a guy from ab that is thinking that I am giving him a bs story.

What the heck is ab ?

I personally can't believe all the people who think you should keep the book. That just seems wrong to me.

Now I would insist that I recieve the correct book before shipping back to him, or ask him to come and meet you with the book and/or money.

I had an ebayer send me the wrong book, but in that case it was the right issue but the lower graded copy he had for sale. Seemed an honest mistake and he sent me the higher graded book and let me keep the VG. That's service.

I wouldn't send this book back. This guy thought nothing of making you wait a month for a $33 book. He wasn't in a hurry to do anything to help you get the book you did buy.

He had your money. That is what he wanted. You sent him respectful e-mails. All of this fell on deaf ears. But only when he found out he shipped you a much more valuable book did he get around to your situation. He finds himself at your mercy. For lack of a better word.

It isn't your problem that someone else may or may not be waiting for there book to arrive.

This guy needs to be taught a lesson. He needs to learn to take care of his business in a good and timely manner. I'd keep this book. That may sound a bit harsh. But he obviously needs to learn a thing or two. If this cost him a bit of money this time, so be it.

If there is a buyer waiting for this book. They can follow that up with him, not you.

It will teach this seller a lesson. Don't make lame excuses, or outright ignore a customers concerns and legitimate questions. It is funny to me that all of the sudden, this seller is getting back to you ASAP.

Unfortunately this approach, while certainly teaching the seller a deserved lesson, would be dishonest. Take the high road.

Now I would insist that I recieve the correct book before shipping back to him

Be sure and tell him to put a ten-spot in the box with the correct book to pay for shipping back the wrong book.

:sumo:

Tell him you'll send the book back to him after you receive the correct book. This should give him the incentive to send your book expeditiously.

Don't try to keep the incorrect book, though. If the seller is within an hour's drive for you, that means you're within an hour's drive of him.

Have him ship the correct book to you before anything else.

Funny how fast the WW made it's way back to him and how it's ready to get shipped... lol

You waited a month and now he wants to make you wait until he receives the book he sent you in error? :roflmao:

Why because he doesn't trust you? Didn't you have to trust that he would sent you a book after you paid him?

Sellers like this make my blood boil. :mad:

1. You should not keep the book, however the seller should deliver on the Wonder Woman or refund your purchase, plus pay for the return postage and a couple bucks or a nice "freebie" for your honesty and going through the hassle of returning it before you ship it back. He doesn't seem to be too concerned about you and if you didn't have his book, he wouldn't care about you now.

2. He is a fool and apparently not too good at his job, that doesn't make it OK to steal a book.

3. I have had eBay shipping problems a couple times. One was a switched book in which the seller paid me and the other buyer the money and we shipped the correct books to each other and it worked out. The other was some dork who decided I didn't bid enough on a Booster Gold variant (probably because it is such a hot book) so he sent me the newsstand version instead. He then would not send me the variant, which he had already relisted, or refund my money until I paid to return the book. The wonderful folks at eBay/Paypal backed him so I had to pay to return the book and get my original money back. Had he shipped me a $400 GA book, I think it might have gone differently.

I really don't don't get "it's dishonest to keep this book"... I'd like to know why it is. This seller has been nothing short of a arrogant SOB. If the situation was reversed do you think this seller would be in a sure fire hurry? Funny, but i highly doubt it. Now this seller wants the book back. Then he will either send the correct book. Or give a refund...

Just when would this refund/shipping happen? Oh wait, I can tell you... Whenever this guy decided to send it. He would have to make time in his busy schedule to get this done.

If this was just a case of the wrong book being shipped in a timely and courteous manner. I'd happily work things out. But this seller has been dragging his feet in every aspect of this transaction. Why? He had the buyers money and didn't give a rats azz...

He has probably been running his business like this for quite some time. When does the buyer get compensated for all his time, effort, headache? I'd say the time is now...

At the very least. The seller should go and meet the buyer in a secure public area. Let him drive the hour if he want's the book back so badly. The buyer should get a few extra bucks for putting up with this guy. By the sounds of it. The seller doesn't want to drive that hour. That is his choice. If that is the case. I'd keep the book and be done with this man.

It is one thing to work with a seller who made a honest mistake. It is a totally different thing when the seller still want's the buyer to do all the leg work!! After the seller took 30 days to ship a book. Plus the I don't give a rats azz attitude he seems to have.

Keep the book and call it a day. Even if the seller does get the book back. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this seller to say Thanks..... More than likely you'd see the book listed on Ebay shortly after him getting it back!!

I really don't don't get "it's dishonest to keep this book"... I'd like to know why it is. This seller has been nothing short of a arrogant SOB. If the situation was reversed do you think this seller would be in a sure fire hurry? Funny, but i highly doubt it. Now this seller wants the book back. Then he will either send the correct book. Or give a refund...

Just when would this refund/shipping happen? Oh wait, I can tell you... Whenever this guy decided to send it. He would have to make time in his busy schedule to get this done.

If this was just a case if of the wrong book being shipped in a timely and courteous manner. I'd happily work things out. But this seller has been dragging his feet in every aspect of this transaction. Why? He had the buyers money and didn't give a rats azz...

He has probably been running his business like this for quite some time. When does the buyer get compensated for all his time, effort, headache? I'd say the time is now...

At the very least. The seller should go and meet the buyer in a secure public area. Let him drive the hour if he want's the book back so badly. The buyer should get a few extra bucks for putting up with this guy. By the sounds of it. The seller doesn't want to drive that hour. That is his choice. If that is the case. I'd keep the book and be done with this man.

It is one thing to work with a seller who made a honest mistake. It is a totally different thing when the seller still want's the buyer to do all the leg work!! After the seller took 30 days to ship a book. Plus the I don't give a rats azz attitude he seems to have.

Keep the book and call it a day. Even if the seller does get the book back. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this seller to say Thanks..... More than likely you'd see the book listed on Ebay shortly after him getting it back!!

I don't think we are disagreeing.

If the seller won't do the right thing by sending the purchased book and paying for return postage up front, the buyer is under no obligation to go out of his way to get the book back. Heck, I would just send one final, clear e-mail stating my expectations and not bother responding to other e-mails until the seller followed through.

If this was just a case if of the wrong book being shipped in a timely and courteous manner. I'd happily work things out. But this seller has been dragging his feet in every aspect of this transaction. Why? He had the buyers money and didn't give a rats azz...

I don't think we are disagreeing.

If the seller won't do the right thing by sending the purchased book and paying for return postage up front, the buyer is under no obligation to go out of his way to get the book back. Heck, I would just send one final, clear e-mail stating my expectations and not bother responding to other e-mails until the seller followed through.

But wait a month to contact this insufficiently_thoughtful_person, see how he likes it.

DRX

I really don't don't get "it's dishonest to keep this book"... I'd like to know why it is.

Because it is not what you paid for.

Plus, you would be keeping it from the guy who actually won the book....

I agree. Why screw the OTHER buyer in the process? What did he do to you? Like someone else said earlier, take the high road. Have the seller send the correct book and immediately return the other one thereafter. Leave a neutral explaining what happened. Then wash hands of the entire thing and be done with it.

and it continues...

Wow. This is great stuff. :popcorn:

I have a guy from ab that is thinking that I am giving him a bs story.

What the heck is ab ?

ab is the postal abbreviation for Alberta, one of those provinces way to the north and west in Canada...

Larry

Just to be clear I have absolutely no intention of keeping the book if for no other reason than that the proper buyer bought the item in good faith and I have no right to keep it. It is fun to think I would be screwing over the owner but I am hoping that some negative feedback and discussions such as this one are deterrent enough for people. I don't want to resort to thievery.

No thievery necessary. If I were in your shoes, I'd be able to take the advice of other posters with a clear conscience.

-Send a clear email stating that you will return the book to the seller at no charge to you ONLY AFTER the book you originally bought is in your hands.

-If he doesn't comply, you've done your part to try to resolve the situation, after a month, sell the book to recoup your losses. If he does respond, follow through in a timely manner (take the high road) and send the book back.

-Add this seller to your "block" list on ebay.

Let us know what you decide.

-Adam

I sent the seller an e-mail stating:

- I will send him back his book after I receive mine as I have waited a month

- He will have to transfer money into my PayPal account to pay for the shipping before I ship

I figure these are more than reasonable demands and can keep my conscience clear.