• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC '10 - It's Never Too Early!

855 posts in this topic

2 days for me this year. Saturday is a definite, but not sure if I go Friday or Sunday. What do you think is the better day?

Sunday there is less traffic if you are driving, or less congestion if you take the trains. Monday is Columbus Day, so some people should be out of town.

On the other hand, Friday there will be MORE traffic, because of the Holiday.

Hey guys... I'm having my tickets mailed to me so I'm *hoping* this should help with SOME of the waiting involved. For planning purposes though, how early should I try to get to the convention center to avoid being at the end of a major line? I'm not worried about the first in line per se, but somewhere in the first 500 would be good.

Hey guys... I'm having my tickets mailed to me so I'm *hoping* this should help with SOME of the waiting involved. For planning purposes though, how early should I try to get to the convention center to avoid being at the end of a major line? I'm not worried about the first in line per se, but somewhere in the first 500 would be good.

I was toying with a snarky answer :whistle: but I think I'll just say, the crowds at this con are measured in thousands, not hundreds, and IMO a long line is pretty much a given.

I'd get there as early as you reasonably can, since it will only get more crowded as the day wears on.

I was toying with a snarky answer :whistle: but I think I'll just say, the crowds at this con are measured in thousands, not hundreds, and IMO a long line is pretty much a given.

I'd get there as early as you reasonably can, since it will only get more crowded as the day wears on.

So what you're pretty much saying is eat b-fast on the train and plan on getting in line absolutely no later than 7:30am?

Oh yeah, yay Pat. :grin:

I just saw this on the NYCC page. This'll make life very interesting for some attendees...

Can I Bring A Suitcase Or Handcart With Me?

Please be aware that handcarts, trolleys, oversized strollers, rolling luggage, and wheeled backpacks are not allowed in the Exhibition Hall.

I'm not sure if this has already been discussed, but if not, oh, boy, those of you that wheel the 3 short boxes around are in trouble... :)

that's ridiculous. i might not even bother going now. seriously, they are taking money out of dealers' pockets with that rule. many people don't go to a show to buy a briefcase or backpack of books. I budget for 2-3 short boxes.

I was going to bring an alligator with a milk carton duct taped to its back. Figured this would give me a wide berth down th aisles.

What is the milk carton? You mean, like a milk crate?