• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC '10 - It's Never Too Early!

855 posts in this topic

hm Here goes:

1. Joe Simon created Captain America.

2. Captain America's 1st appearance in the SA is in Avengers 4.

3. Hence, Joe Simon siggie on Avengers 4 = appropriate.

Kind of like having a Stan Lee sig on certain Marvel books where he created the character but didn't necessarily work on that issue (ASM 300 comes to mind...). But I'm guessing this probably plays into your Stan Lee rant. :grin: Sounds like a good rant for the dinner!-)

Infantino... boy... I had him sign my Batman 181, but I'm not sure how many other books he worked on where I'd need his sig. hm

I knew I would get slammed for my post, but I am entitled to my opinion just like anyone else. And I have a right to be confused about having someone other then the creative team on an issue sign the issue. Its almost disrespectful IMO. And stoopid has a spoon filter. Also it irritates me that Stan charges so much for his signature. He has made a dumptruck load of cash off the collecting community over decades, you would think 20 bucks would be a little nicer? I respect everything the man has done with the exception of hosing his fans for a signature.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone should collect what they like. I am not saying anyone is stoopid for getting a signature on a book, I am saying that other then the creative team that worked on it I dont get.

And I will bust Forrests rocks whenever I feel the urge. Because I feel that we are cool enough with eachother to do so.

I knew I would get slammed for my post, but I am entitled to my opinion just like anyone else. And I have a right to be confused about having someone other then the creative team on an issue sign the issue. Its almost disrespectful IMO. And stoopid has a spoon filter. Also it irritates me that Stan charges so much for his signature. He has made a dumptruck load of cash off the collecting community over decades, you would think 20 bucks would be a little nicer? I respect everything the man has done with the exception of hosing his fans for a signature.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, everyone should collect what they like. I am not saying anyone is stoopid for getting a signature on a book, I am saying that other then the creative team that worked on it I dont get.

And I will bust Forrests rocks whenever I feel the urge. Because I feel that we are cool enough with eachother to do so.

it's not stan hosing as much as certain people with "exclusives" that have been hosing people for ages. (not talking about you Sean as your fees have been fair)

it's not stan hosing as much as certain people with "exclusives" that have been hosing people for ages. (not talking about you Sean as your fees have been fair)

Isn't funny how Pirate feels that people who offer others opportunities to get items signed which they otherwise would not have the chance to are "hosing" people. OH BY THE WAY if you feel that Sean's prices are fair, then how can others who are charging the same prices be unfair? lol