• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Am I the only one shocked at the reserve on the Heritage OA?

42 posts in this topic

I thought some of the reserves were kind of unrealistic as well.

Actually, with the juice:

Spider-man 22, pg 9 is more like $30K (decent Ditko panel page, but nothing out of this world)

Spider-man 36, pg 17 is closer to $33K (again, a nice panel page, but personally I don't think it should be commanding that kind of money)

This brings us back to the old thread - What can I get for $30,000? There are plenty of other pieces in this auction where I think the $30K would be better spent.

I was also thinking that this may be the auction where we start to see a correction in the market (in large part due to the faltering economy). Then again, that's just one mans opinion.

I would be suprised if the Ditkos sell. If people are spending 25K-30K in today's economic environment on comic art I dont think they are spending it on a Ditko panel page. For that kind of scratch it needs to be incredibly unique or top-tier. I am not saying Ditko is not top-tier but there are hundreds of ASM Ditko panel pages out there. People can afford to skip these and wait for the financial situations to improve.

I find the JIM 112 panel page by Kirby to be *ahem* high. But, then again it's a Great example so you never know....

The Ditkos may sell (or not), but they don't knock me over the head. Interesting that about 80% of what I'm tracking has no reserve at all! :)

Then again, I seem to have left my wallet in my other suit.... :sorry:

I find the JIM 112 panel page by Kirby to be *ahem* high. But, then again it's a Great example so you never know....

The Ditkos may sell (or not), but they don't knock me over the head. Interesting that about 80% of what I'm tracking has no reserve at all! :)

Then again, I seem to have left my wallet in my other suit.... :sorry:

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (tsk)

Move Along Folks....everything in the auction has an ungodly high reserve...nothing to see here....Move Along!!! :whistle:

C

I thought some of the reserves were kind of unrealistic as well.

Actually, with the juice:

Spider-man 22, pg 9 is more like $30K (decent Ditko panel page, but nothing out of this world)

Spider-man 36, pg 17 is closer to $33K (again, a nice panel page, but personally I don't think it should be commanding that kind of money)

This brings us back to the old thread - What can I get for $30,000? There are plenty of other pieces in this auction where I think the $30K would be better spent.

I was also thinking that this may be the auction where we start to see a correction in the market (in large part due to the faltering economy). Then again, that's just one mans opinion.

That is my thought as well. While the pages are both nice, nothing incredible so for that kind of money, I want a lot more.

I'm tracking 4 pieces...and if I can't get a good deal, I'm just going to pass and continue paying down debt...now is not the time to overpay, especially since more stuff is going to come out of the woodwork.

I agree, I thought the HA had a good selection, but now I think there is more stuff in the next CLINK auction I am interested in, although I may still hold off to see what the summer/fall bring.

now is not the time to overpay, especially since more stuff is going to come out of the woodwork.

This is very true. There have been some nice, very nice, exceptional, and iconic-once-a-generation-pieces popping up all over the place. And every month or so, you see something else that is pretty nice come around. People are starting to need some money and they are putting up their valuables, nostalgia be damned! But you do need the scratch ;)

While NightGallery (hi Bill!) may be right that we are likely to see some retrenchment in this market, I'm wondering how extensive it will be at this time.

This may be the last grand hurrah, as the recession is only officially six months old (give or take a year) and it is not yet as widespread as some predict it may become. However, that prediction has been made before, and had proven inaccurate at the time.

I suspect that there will be some strong results and some evidence of cooling demand for certain genres and artists based on a possible contraction of discretionary spending in the economy. Whatever the final auction results are, this auction, and certainly the next one will be interesting indicators of what may lie ahead in our little hobby.

Best regards all.

- A

I don't know, Artemis. I haven't had a single A+ piece come my way. Lots of nice art, but no Grails popping up for me anyway. I've kept track of a lot of great artwork in people's collections, and none of them are coming available.

You took the words out of my mouth Hari. There has been some nice art being offered in the last 6 months, but there's ALWAYS been nice stuff offered. I'm still waiting for the KILLER stuff to hit, but nothing yet....

Scott Williams

I had some killer stuff offered in the last six months (and picked up a few of them) that I haven't seen in the last ten years...but then again...you an Hari play on a field that I haven't worked my way up to yet. :sorry:

Chris