• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #4 and #6 Heritage sales

198 posts in this topic

It was 2 floor bidders. It sounded like they were both women on both books.

Definitely NOT floor bidders. It was two phone bidders (floor bidders all have bidder numbers below 100, - phone bidders get the 7xxx series numbers).

There are too many Supermans from this time period in this quality available on other sites.

Either it is bogus OR

the two bidders are very shortsighted.

What stinks is long time collectors of 9.0+ GA Superman books (like myself) just saw their hobby become too expensive to continue... because of an error or idiotic behavior.

I just can't believe this. It is either incorrect, or there are two very impulsive collectors out there with a lot of money. Anyone who takes the time to do a little research will find that these books aren't even 5 figure books. Can someone confirm this?

I have been collecting high grade GA Supermans for a long time, and this is unheard of.

Must be a mistake... ?

i was watching it live with the little tv inset, and it sure looked like it happened as advertised.

Billy;

Since you was watching it live, are you sure you wasn't accidentally hitting the big red button all the time. :baiting:

There was a time that I would have thought "more dollars than cents" but I have come to realize that you only go around this big merry-go-round once and you might as well enjoy it if you got it. :applause:

Although for me, I think a Tec 31 or a MMC9 would be more on my "step up to the plate" list of books to splurge on.

What stinks is long time collectors of 9.0+ GA Superman books (like myself) just saw their hobby become too expensive to continue... because of an error or idiotic behavior.

Look on the brightside, perhaps your collection just took off faster than a speeding bullet

:o:o:o:o

Superman #4 CGC 8.5 w/ cream to off-white pages sold for about $41,000 and guides for around $5300.

Superman #6 CGC 8.6 w/ cream to off-white pages sold for about $56,000 and guides for around $2800.

:o:o:o:o

Actually, nothing wrong with these prices considering that both Luke Cage #1 and Thor #126 can fetch $10K in today's market. :screwy:

There's a seller out there somewhere jumping up and down in his living room.

I'm sure Bedrock is jumping up and down too. If I remember correctly his copies of those books are as nice if not nicer.

need 2 bidders and one has just gone :sorry:

Well said. I seriously doubt those prices will be reached again anytime soon.

There's a seller out there somewhere jumping up and down in his living room.

I'm sure Bedrock is jumping up and down too. If I remember correctly his copies of those books are as nice if not nicer.

i called him in orlando to tell him as it occurred, and, yes, i think i heard him landing on the floor after several little hops.

Thankfully he didn't crash the van. But yeah, are you frickin' kidding me?

Do you think that buyer is going to ante up 50k plus for an 8.5 Superman 6..?

I think maybe he was listening to some rap music tapping his fingers to the rythem of the music and didnt realize he was hitting the bid button all along.

Never listen to music while bidding.

Would've had to have been two bidders listening to rap and tapping their fingers on the bid button. Unless it was the same person, with 2 Heritage accounts, talking on two phones to two Heritage representatives.