• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Were all sig lnes removed ?

25 posts in this topic

I keep them off. It's like heaven. :cloud9:

I sometimes only recognise users from their sig lines. Perhaps I should start looking at the left hand side of the screen...

I wish there was a setting to keep the text on but lose the pics... :sorry:

If you use Firefox, you can grab Ad-Block and just right-click any of those pics to block them for all eternity.

Yeah, that's what I do...but people tend to use new ones now and then, so I have to click again.

Went to the boards on the PC at my folk's house and was blown away by all the graphics that weren't blocked on their PC...

I know a lot of people just turn the sigs off mainly because of all the pics...but a lot of people put want lists and the such in their sigs...would be the best of both worlds if everybody that feels like it could just see the text.

I shouldn't complain really as some forums I know put advertising in the sigs of the users...and there is no way to turn those off.

If you use Firefox, you can grab Ad-Block and just right-click any of those pics to block them for all eternity.

Yeah, that's what I do...but people tend to use new ones now and then, so I have to click again.

Went to the boards on the PC at my folk's house and was blown away by all the graphics that weren't blocked on their PC...

I know a lot of people just turn the sigs off mainly because of all the pics...but a lot of people put want lists and the such in their sigs...would be the best of both worlds if everybody that feels like it could just see the text.

I shouldn't complain really as some forums I know put advertising in the sigs of the users...and there is no way to turn those off.

Thanks for this little tidbit, I have had to turn off sigs completely because Ellen has become just too darn observant and had asked several times why that girl in Jims sig is licking that computer.

:eek:

Thanks for this little tidbit, I have had to turn off sigs completely because Ellen has become just too darn observant and had asked several times why that girl in Jims sig is licking that computer.

:eek:

They grow up so fast :cry:

I sometimes only recognise users from their sig lines. Perhaps I should start looking at the left hand side of the screen...

You must never see me then :hi: