• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edgar Church Seminar at Megacon - video excerpts

20 posts in this topic

I figured the Golden Age board would be the best place to post this. Hopefully this

stays civil. This is a small portion of the Chuck Rozanski seminar on the artwork

of Edgar Church and the story behind the acquisition of the greatest comic book

collection, filmed at Megacon 2009 in Orlando.

I am not posting the seminar in its entirety and I am recommending you attend

this lecture to hear the full story. :) I am assuming this is okay, since it was a

public discussion and this is just an excerpt and this is not for financial gain.

Well enough of the disclaimer stuff.

This first part gives a little background on Chuck and his store and Edgar's story

up until the point of "THE" phone call with the realtor.

This second part starts with "THE" phone call and goes through stepping into "THE" room.

I have heard this story before and it is always exciting to relive the discovery of the Church collection. It reads like the opening of King Tuts Tomb. Chuck has also posted his story on his web site for those that want to read it or hear it again. I haven't looked at the Mile High site in a while so I hope it is still there.

Thanks Flea. It reminds me of the Nick Cage movies. Who ever writes those scripts must be a collector.

bb

Yeah, Chuck gets razzed a lot for swiping the book but if the family indeed just wanted to get rid of everything asap and didn't care about the money (and this is possible if they were not in need) then it would be nice to hear.

R.

Yeah, Chuck gets razzed a lot for swiping the book but if the family indeed just wanted to get rid of everything asap and didn't care about the money (and this is possible if they were not in need) then it would be nice to hear.

R.

Chuck gets razzed for a lot of things, many of which are unfair. He has already put the Church collection story into the public domain. It's here (in 17 parts): Original Mile High Collection (link now works)

I posted another segment in the first post in this thread. This is the segment that

precedes the one I posted last night. This starts with some background info on

Edgar and Chuck up until the phone call from the realtor. In other words I posted

Part two last night and Part one tonight. Hopefully this will straighten out the

order. I will post more tomorrow. :)

It is at this point where my camera ran out of memory. I feverishly started deleting

old files and by the time I got back up and running, he had finished talking about

removing the first batch of comics and then it picks up where he is trying to figure

out what to do about the rest.