• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Yes, the whiteness of the cover is remarkable, considered prior to issues in the 60s (for the numbering) the cover paper tended to yellow a lot.

It’s more likely to find brown covers rather than white ones… :D

I am SO glad for you, this is definitely THE club I need to join, sooner or later.

And a white cover will be the thing I will be after, considered I will be able to join very low grade… :)

Here it is, my 2.0 Off White. I haven't been this pumped for a book in a long time. I would love to crack it out and read this bad boy, but I'll let it sit pretty as is.

EDCFBF84-C3DA-4CCE-83FA-A2F74C319E44_zpswkgcmtgo.jpg

Beautiful!!!

Welcome to the club

Nice copy! :headbang:

Does anyone have any leads on a complete, unrestored, coverless copy?

Just curious, but if you're willing to go coverless, what's it matter if theres a little restoration like color touch or something in the book? If you're willing to take a beater I don't see why some resto even matters.

I mean absolutely NO disrespect at all by this question either so please don't take it as me giving you a hard time or anything like that.

Just curious, but if you're willing to go coverless, what's it matter if theres a little restoration like color touch or something in the book? If you're willing to take a beater I don't see why some resto even matters.

I mean absolutely NO disrespect at all by this question either so please don't take it as me giving you a hard time or anything like that.

No problem, no misunderstanding, no need to worry, besides my skin ain't that thin. But thanks for being considerate.

Now that you bring it up, I guess it really doesn't matter to me if a coverless book has a little repair or CT. Good point. I'm just so accustomed to saying, "no resto" on all the other books I buy and/or sell.

No problem, no misunderstanding, no need to worry, besides my skin ain't that thin. But thanks for being considerate.

Now that you bring it up, I guess it really doesn't matter to me if a coverless book has a little repair or CT. Good point. I'm just so accustomed to saying, "no resto" on all the other books I buy and/or sell.

haha okay cool.

Yeah, was just curious. I think if you go coverless than some repair here or there ain't a big deal at all. May actually get em even cheaper!

I saw your thread where you are downgrading. That's cool. Any particular reason why?

haha okay cool.

Yeah, was just curious. I think if you go coverless than some repair here or there ain't a big deal at all. May actually get em even cheaper!

I saw your thread where you are downgrading. That's cool. Any particular reason why?

For the same reason you just pointed out: It's cheaper. I enjoy reading from the original books, but I decided I didn't need expensive collectors' items (or covers) to do that. I just found a coverless FF 5, and sold my long-time 3.0 copy. A tidy profit, and I still get to read the book.

There is a new member of the club... ME!!! I sold my FF #1 almost thirty years ago. Well, I have replaced it. Just got this in the mail today from a boardie. Glad to have this baby in my grubby little paws! ff1f.jpg

Outstanding looking copy for the grade. Congrats !

There is a new member of the club... ME!!! I sold my FF #1 almost thirty years ago. Well, I have replaced it. Just got this in the mail today from a boardie. Glad to have this baby in my grubby little paws! ff1f.jpg

Congrats! That's my former copy :cloud9: