• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Alas, my FF1 finally came. Not the pretties 2.0, but the price was right. She has been well read and loved, but still special like the velvetine rabbit. :-)

epx4.jpg

s7bf.jpg

Nice. Can't beat the $200.00 price too :)

:o

That is not funny.

Yes it is lol

I don't think I've posted this until now. I had several mishaps and adventures trying to buy a 4.0-4.5 FF1, in fact I posted one or two of them on here thinking the deal was done. Well all fell through for one reason or another ('pet peeve' defects).

Finally about six months ago, the mom of a collector friend of mine decided it was time to sell her FF1. She'd owned it every day since the 60s (it had briefly belonged to her cousin, who gave it to her on a playdate in the 60s).

Its a 3.5, which is a touch lower than I had wanted, but I couldn't resist the idea of buying a OO (or almost OO if you count the cousin) FF1 from someone who was a family member of a friend, and that I had met and even played cards with. Here it is along with its brothers purchased at the same time (different sources though).

ff.JPG

"...Its a 3.5, which is a touch lower than I had wanted, but I couldn't resist the idea of buying a OO..."

I felt the same way when I got my FF#1 also. Harry (BurntBoy) had his FF for 51 years before it passed into my hands. I love it - FF1 is such a cool book.

Congrats on your FF1, 4 & 5, B! :applause: Your copy looks like it has minimal chipping on the open edge (if any)!

"...Its a 3.5, which is a touch lower than I had wanted, but I couldn't resist the idea of buying a OO..."

I felt the same way when I got my FF#1 also. Harry (BurntBoy) had his FF for 51 years before it passed into my hands.

You got Harry's! Awesome! :cloud9:

I don't think I've posted this until now. I had several mishaps and adventures trying to buy a 4.0-4.5 FF1, in fact I posted one or two of them on here thinking the deal was done. Well all fell through for one reason or another ('pet peeve' defects).

Finally about six months ago, the mom of a collector friend of mine decided it was time to sell her FF1. She'd owned it every day since the 60s (it had briefly belonged to her cousin, who gave it to her on a playdate in the 60s).

Its a 3.5, which is a touch lower than I had wanted, but I couldn't resist the idea of buying a OO (or almost OO if you count the cousin) FF1 from someone who was a family member of a friend, and that I had met and even played cards with. Here it is along with its brothers purchased at the same time (different sources though).

ff.JPG

Nice books my friend.