• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Picked this up today,

20131103_203647.jpg

Awesome Chris, been looking forward to seeing this

(worship)

Great looking copy. What are FF1's going for these days?

Hi all,

I joined the club a few weeks back with this purchase from a boardie. Low grade copy, but I am happy with it until I upgrade. When it arrived I got it into a Mylar and into my run right away. Pulled it out tonight and read the story for the first time. Never in a trade, or even a reprint, I read FF #1 for the first time tonight from an original printing. Will most likely send this off to the CPS factory now, but glad I was able to flip the pages.

IMG_7546_zps582bc1cf.jpg

Proud to be part of the club!

Hi all,

I joined the club a few weeks back with this purchase from a boardie. Low grade copy, but I am happy with it until I upgrade. When it arrived I got it into a Mylar and into my run right away. Pulled it out tonight and read the story for the first time. Never in a trade, or even a reprint, I read FF #1 for the first time tonight from an original printing. Will most likely send this off to the CPS factory now, but glad I was able to flip the pages.

IMG_7546_zps582bc1cf.jpg

Proud to be part of the club!

Welcome to the club!!!

I too have a lower grade copy CGC 2.5

First thing I did when I got it was crack it out, and read it, it was an incredible experience, something I dreamed of doing since I was a kid.

Here it is, my 2.0 Off White. I haven't been this pumped for a book in a long time. I would love to crack it out and read this bad boy, but I'll let it sit pretty as is.

EDCFBF84-C3DA-4CCE-83FA-A2F74C319E44_zpswkgcmtgo.jpg

:applause:

Congrats on the great FF1

Here it is, my 2.0 Off White. I haven't been this pumped for a book in a long time. I would love to crack it out and read this bad boy, but I'll let it sit pretty as is.

EDCFBF84-C3DA-4CCE-83FA-A2F74C319E44_zpswkgcmtgo.jpg

:applause:

Congrats on the great FF1

Thanks guys. I almost had to get it, as the mouth of "Giganto" is all black and it presents rather nicely (I never knew his name till now). Similar to Hulk, many lower grades look beat up. Any info on this? I guess it's just over 50 yrs old, and/or the paper they were printed on. Def one I'm proud to own.

Actually for a lower grade book, yours presents very nicely with strong whites/OW cover. The 10 cents looks really clear and the art has nice colors.

For a 2.0 I would say it has great eye appeal.

Actually for a lower grade book, yours presents very nicely with strong whites/OW cover. The 10 cents looks really clear and the art has nice colors.

For a 2.0 I would say it has great eye appeal.

Agreed. That 2.0 looks much whiter than my 3.0. Great find!