• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Love me some arrival dates :)

What a great copy! (thumbs u :cloud9::applause:

I remember holding that copy in my hands several years ago and thinking it looked even better in person than in the scan. Nicely done sir. FF#1's with white pages are tough to come by.

Since this thread has slipped to page 4, I figured I would bump it with this copy.

I was fortunate to obtain it a couple of months ago from a buddy of mine. I love WHITE pages :)

fantasticfour16_0white_zps65b68ce4.jpg

and a nice "aug 8" arrival date in the corner. :)

Now we know: August 8, 1961 was the day the Marvel Age of Comics began. At least at that newsstand. :D

Love me some arrival dates :)

What a great copy! (thumbs u :cloud9::applause:

I remember holding that copy in my hands several years ago and thinking it looked even better in person than in the scan. Nicely done sir. FF#1's with white pages are tough to come by.

indeed they are

At exactly 8 pm yesterday, I had to ship off my 3.5 FF1. I really regretted selling it, but I had sold a number of things to have extra cash on hand as I was moving there were a lot of reno costs, etc, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't short.

Luckily :) at 8:01, the girl at the PO gave me the package I'd been waiting for - the replacement I bought once it was clear I had more than enough to fund all expenses: :)

ff1_zps34ea8c6c.jpg

I never read the 3.5, but yesterday I did what I've been wanting to do since I was 12: read an original FF1 :)

I cracked and read that sucker immediately. What a fun experience. I am pleased to say that the signature is absolutely genuine is as well :)

ff1splash_zps1c8122d0.jpg

At exactly 8 pm yesterday, I had to ship off my 3.5 FF1. I really regretted selling it, but I had sold a number of things to have extra cash on hand as I was moving there were a lot of reno costs, etc, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't short.

Luckily :) at 8:01, the girl at the PO gave me the package I'd been waiting for - the replacement I bought once it was clear I had more than enough to fund all expenses: :)

ff1_zps34ea8c6c.jpg

I never read the 3.5, but yesterday I did what I've been wanting to do since I was 12: read an original FF1 :)

I cracked and read that sucker immediately. What a fun experience. I am pleased to say that the signature is absolutely genuine is as well :)

Sweet copy! I think this is a copy I almost bought from Bunky Brian. Just curious if you got it from them.

ff1_zps34ea8c6c.jpg

Attaboy Bronty!!!

Great looking copy and I love the Stan Lee signature :luhv:

ff1_zps34ea8c6c.jpg

sealed99ff1splash_zps1c8122d0.jpg

Sweet copy! I think this is a copy I almost bought from Bunky Brian. Just curious if you got it from them.

I think you are right and I almost bought it from them too before, but I actually purchased this from VW Clobbering Thing

ff1_zps34ea8c6c.jpg

very nice Stan sig in 76. Way to crack that open and smell and read. :)

ff1_zps34ea8c6c.jpg

very nice Stan sig in 76. Way to crack that open and smell and read. :)

Really nice VG+ !! CONGRATS!! :applause: