• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Church Runs (or lack thereof)

67 posts in this topic

See my sig line for the run I'm trying to put back together, Dell Wyatt Earp. I only have 1 at the moment. And, as I mentioned to some folks last weekend, every day that goes means less and less interest in putting it back together.

:gossip: My sigs are turned on and I see other people's, but I do not see yours

lol I just noticed Dena did not put my sig back after my hiatus. Oh well. I'll get around to it.

I believe that Steve F. has a complete run of Planet Comics if I am not mistaken. I know a boardie who owns many of the Mile High copies of Blue Beetle from issue #48 onward. One day I hope those to be mine :wishluck:

Not if I get to them first :sumo:

:cry:

If you do, then we both know that I will end up with them eventually. :foryou:

Only if you trade me a Batman 1 :baiting:

Are you sure you wouldn't want a Tec27 instead Bill? (:

I love comic books :acclaim:

I am going to slowly try and put the Church Silver Streak run back together. Only have 2 so far but I imagine the 1, 6, and 7 may not see the open market for a LONG time. Probably couldn't afford the 1 or 6 anyway :cry:

As soon as RHG finishes his Church 1-26 run I will be robbing his house so I might have that in the future as well :baiting:

Steve F. had the whole run of Church Thrillings on the Metro site about a year ago. My understanding is that he was trying to sell them as a set. They're not on the site anymore, but I don't know if he sold them or just pulled them from the site.

Mark Wilson had the Excitings, but broke them up back in his World's Finest days. I bought the #17 and #31 from him. I sold the #17 many years ago, but still have the #31.

I had a number of the Excitings from Mark... 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 10,11, 12, 13 and couple more but sold them off for art and other stuff...

had the Nationals thru 26 (helped to pay for the Planet 1 cover), Cracks thru 25, Smashes 11-27....gone with the wind....

I have been trying for years to reassemble the Church run of Detective 1-26, but so far only have acquired a little over a third of those copies.

If you combined Mark Zaid's and my More Fun Collections, you would have most of the Church copies after #56.

use to have the 5 (used to buy a great page from Spider-Man 6. I have the Church 'tec 6 (about F/F+)

I have been trying for years to reassemble the Church run of Detective 1-26, but so far only have acquired a little over a third of those copies.

If you combined Mark Zaid's and my More Fun Collections, you would have most of the Church copies after #56.

use to have the 5 (used to buy a great page from Spider-Man 6. I have the Church 'tec 6 (about F/F+)

I think RHG has the 5 now if my memory serves me right

You have the complete Church runs of those Fox titles??

(worship)

It took me about twelve years to put the Wonderworlds back together again...jon

Jon, how can you make a statement like that, and not post the complete run??!! For 12 years of dedication, at least show off the goods :)

Here is a start---unfortunately, scanning does not do them justice....Church are the rare books that look better outside the mylar than in it...

75438.jpg.8e5bcb1bf6449d8f7927b2d2dc261bbd.jpg

75439.jpg.7f2ed6990e24b7729118408d21656bd2.jpg

75440.jpg.87ad9b95fa03e027ece6f728cef8cda0.jpg

75441.jpg.1aa22b0928b60a1eab8fcf5b7e8ef0b8.jpg

75442.jpg.627a7fc7d2b6631e696355e851b90cf7.jpg

Here is a start---unfortunately, scanning does not do them justice....Church are the rare books that look better outside the mylar than in it...

Having seen these books in person I fully agree. Magnificent comics!

I am going to slowly try and put the Church Silver Streak run back together.

Good luck with that Ro. A collector friend has most of the run from 7-17 and says they will be the last comics he parts with. (I got dibs :cool: ) The two he is missing are on Metro's site.

I have a friend who has a large chunk of the Justice Traps the Guilty run. He got them from Verzyl, who wouldn't break them up because he was afraid the non Kirby issues wouldn't sell. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I am going to slowly try and put the Church Silver Streak run back together.

Good luck with that Ro. A collector friend has most of the run from 7-17 and says they will be the last comics he parts with. (I got dibs :cool: ) The two he is missing are on Metro's site.

I know we talked about it :cry:

You have dibs..........but only so you can keep the 7 and sell the rest to me right?

Has anyone tried putting and Air Fighters or Airboy run together? The one thing that tells me these are held for long periods of time is that there are sizable numbers that have not been slabbed.

There we go!! Thanks for the eye candy! Any interesting stories in tracking down the last couple issues?

No. But a bit of a story on WW3 which I got in 1993. I got it from Ron Pussel. Sent my money out to Ron on the West Coast and he sent in UPS Air express for next day delivery.

Except it did not arrive the next day.....nor the next day....

UPS could not find it in their system (Ron had all the paper work)....

Finally five days overdue, it arrived. Altho scanned in for air delivery, the sent it by land and it simply did not reflect in its system.

I was afraid I was going to be one of those horror stories.

Jon

75447.jpg.9193a603ae96ea441021942ec9d1065b.jpg

75448.jpg.edb00a0b4691cc2526cdd9f9cbe062d4.jpg

75449.jpg.ffcc0cdaf09ef272764d86809f2a0040.jpg

75450.jpg.c8c869b8ce49b92fbaef8b360fad0d47.jpg

75451.jpg.d8c61f90ca21a99b09d2c604a6a33a5e.jpg