• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help! Page Count Seven Seas 4

24 posts in this topic

Thanks Gator, when I say page count I'm not counting front and back...I am counting number of pages. Does this sound right?

So, it would be 20 pages in the interior if I was counting front and back.

I know parker just sold his copy... I read mine last year and no longer have it, but I know there were more than 10 physical pages in the book (20 if you count front and back)

If you count front and back separately it's 30 plus. Excluing premiums, I doubt there are but a handful of pre-code books with 10 pages or less.

Well it sounds like I need to return this. It seemed kinda light considering some of the others int he series. I'd appreciate an actual page count number if someone has a raw copy on hand. Thanks a lot guys.

Does anyone have a Seven Seas 4? Is the page count only 10 pages? Help!

Can you tell by the stories if something is missing from the centerfold on up?

Should normally have 16 individual pages/wraps. So yeah, 10 sounds very light.

I tried to see story line but it's difficult to say and I don't want to mess with the comic since I'll be returning it. I'm pretty sure it's missing pages.

Each side of a "leaf" is counted as a page - two leaves to a wrap (though some GA books have half wraps) - or 4 pages to a wrap.

So when flipping through most comics published since the mid-fifties, you are likely to count 32 interior pages, 16 leaves and 8 wraps.

Outside of giveaway/premiums it's highly unlikely a comic would have less than 16 leaves.

If it helps, Seven Seas 3 is 36 pages including the covers. I have a 6 I can count if you want.

My immediate thought is that your copy is incomplete. Return that sucker or sell it to Roy for a large profit.

If it helps, Seven Seas 3 is 36 pages including the covers. I have a 6 I can count if you want.

My immediate thought is that your copy is incomplete. Return that sucker or sell it to Roy for a large profit.

:roflmao:

It is indeed missing 6 pages. I got a count confirm. Thanks! I don't think there would be any profit in it right now since I bought it as a complete copy :)

It is indeed missing 6 pages. I got a count confirm. Thanks! I don't think there would be any profit in it right now since I bought it as a complete copy :)

Jo if you do indeed return it, feel free to give the seller my contact info if he wants to move the book as an incomplete copy.

Not sure about issue #4, but the Grand Comics Database lists issue #1 as having 52 pages.

Of course you have to remember they also include the cover wrap in this count which would account for 4 pages by itself.