• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

I thought this might interest some of you diehard Crow fans ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160404242807&_rdc=1

Niceeeee!

:applause:

Nice looking item, loving the deceptive auction title too.... meh

Why because you think it makes it sound like Brandon Lee signed it?? Well obviously he didn't since the movie book came out after he died. I don't think it's deceptive at all. It's just a "keyword" for searches, nothing more, nothing less.

Why because you think it makes it sound like Brandon Lee signed it?? Well obviously he didn't since the movie book came out after he died. I don't think it's deceptive at all. It's just a "keyword" for searches, nothing more, nothing less.

Well since we are 15 years down the line, it might not immediately jump to everyone's mind the difference between the publication date of the book, the date of his death and the date of the film release. Also since there was a wealth of Crow related material that was released for years before the film was made, I can see how a more casual fan might make the mistake about thinking he signed it.

This book is signed in the way that film scripts are signed by the cast members. Those are done while the film is still in production. Again, this could be deceptive to many people.

Putting Brandon's name in the title and then mentioning his name again in the body of the description, more than once, it's over the top.

The book is good enough on its own, the addition of Brandon's name just feels wrong to me.

Ok to put this another way. Say I had a Copy of Amazing Spider-Man #1 and I got it signed by Stan Lee and the Cast of Spider-man the movie and I put it on Ebay with the Title. "RARE SPIDER-MAN #1 SIGNED, STEVE DITKO, RARE."

Steve Ditko worked on the book but didn't sign it. Deceptive title?

Deceptive title?

Yes, as the way the book is described in the title, I would assume Ditko signed it somewhere.

That's why this:

The Crow Movie Book 8 signed - rare Brandon Lee O'Barr

has me feeling the same way.

Deceptive title?

Yes, as the way the book is described in the title, I would assume Ditko signed it somewhere.

That's why this:

:gossip: I knew. I'm quick like that. :baiting:

Deceptive title?

That's why this:

:gossip: I knew. I'm quick like that. :baiting:

speedygonzalez3.gif

I see what you're saying, but I think it's fine. I know why it's there. Nowhere does it say it's signed by Brandon Lee. You can easily look at the photo and see there is no Brandon Lee signature as well. No one is going to be fooled, even a casual fan. I purposely put a dash in the title to separate it. I also have a crow statue for sale and I put the words "not Sideshow" to get sideshow toys keyword searches as well. It's not deceptive, it's just good advertising

Your example above has commas separating and it to me it flows more as a sentence, implying it's signed by Ditko. Personally I think with a dash it reads differently, but that's just me ...

I see what you're saying, but I think it's fine. I know why it's there. Nowhere does it say it's signed by Brandon Lee. I purposely put a dash in the title to separate it. I also have a crow statue for sale and I put the words "not Sideshow" to get sideshow toys keyword searches as well. It's not deceptive, it's just good advertising

Your example above has commas separating and it to me it flows more as a sentence, implying it's signed by Ditko. Personally I think with a dash it reads differently, but that's just me ...

Oh it's yours that you are selling.

At least we know what you meant then. Thanks for clearing that up.

The Dash, Dot, Comma, Hyphen, Slash, Semi-Colon thing went right past me, but I am glad that it's a board member selling the piece. I feel much better about it's authenticity now.

But about the "not Sideshow" thing. It may get more people to pull up your auction on their searches, but if you notice with CGC auctions where people put "not CGC", or "CGC ready" or the ever popular "CGC IT!!" it has a tendency to really set people off. There's more than one thread on Comic General about exactly that.

Good luck with the auction, as it stands it's a nice item.

I also have a crow statue for sale and I put the words "not Sideshow" to get sideshow toys keyword searches as well. It's not deceptive, it's just good advertising

No, that's keyword spamming - which isn't allowed on ebay. It's no different than all the who sell PGX books and put "not CGC" in the title.

I also have a crow statue for sale and I put the words "not Sideshow" to get sideshow toys keyword searches as well. It's not deceptive, it's just good advertising

No, that's keyword spamming - which isn't allowed on ebay. It's no different than all the who sell PGX books and put "not CGC" in the title.

And you know what? That really annoys me when people do that ... so I have removed the sideshow reference ;)

Yes, I'm a huge Crow fan. The item is mine. I'm only selling because we have a new baby and I'm trying to raise some cash for a new home down payment. Plus I have the Crow press kit signed by the same people so I figured I would let this one go. Thanks for looking, it really is a nice item :)

And you know what? That really annoys me when people do that ... so I have removed the sideshow reference ;)

Yes, I'm a huge Crow fan. The item is mine. I'm only selling because we have a new baby and I'm trying to raise some cash for a new home down payment. Plus I have the Crow press kit signed by the same people so I figured I would let this one go. Thanks for looking, it really is a nice item :)

Quick question...

who's signature is that on the right side above Robert Zuckerman?

Cool about the Press Kit, the same 8 sigs on that one too?

Pretty cool.

Nice move on your part after seeing how these comments would be a concern.

:applause:

Congratulations to you for your newborn baby and good luck with finding a home for your family :) . It's a great item and I wish you luck on it's sale.

Quick question...

who's signature is that on the right side above Robert Zuckerman?

Cool about the Press Kit, the same 8 sigs on that one too?

Pretty cool.

That is Michael Masse's signature. Unfortunately my paint pen wasn't working that well and so it didn't come out the greatest. Kind of a bummer, but since he was nice enough to sign it and since he had never signed a Crow item before, I couldn't exactly say to him "I'm going to go to the store and get a new pen, can you sign it again?" ... oh well, it is what it is.

Yeah, the same 8 .... this photo is 1 signature outdated, I have since got Ernie Hudson to sign it. It's more dramatic I think so this is the one I decided to keep, though Massee's signature is even a little worse on this one.

Crowbook2.jpg