• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

I check at least once a month...count was 9 before the two I subbed in early '09, and 11 since. I know 1 or 2 of the SS have been added since then...

In checking my CGC receipts and this thread, here's my submission history on Caliber Presents #1's. I think I know what happened to throw off the census.

12/26/2009: Caliber Presents 1 CGC SS 9.8 (what a Christmas present that was!).

05/24/2010: Caliber Presents 1 CGC 9.8 Universal, Caliber Presents 1 CGC 9.6 Universal; I checked my CGC invoice to confirm, and at least the grades were available on this date - the books arrived in June, 2010.

09/27/2010: Caliber Presents 1 CGC SS 9.8 (It just took a little while to get back from the Chicago show).

I think mid-2010 is when we started experiencing delays in books hitting the CGC census. That's most probably why it didn't appear back then. But there have been 12 Caliber Presents #1's shown at 9.8 for a while once it did catch up.

Off and on, you will still see census delays with certain books being updated. It's a situation Gemma has mentioned before they were addressing.

I'm watching the Crow on bluray...10 bucks at walmarts...

Looks and sounds fantastic.

Kev, do you really see the difference?

Someone had told me recently it just looked like the same movie with no difference in sounds or video quality.

Stepping up to HD is one of those things you don't really notice until a year later when you pop in an old DVD and feel like you're getting bad reception on the rabbit ear antenna
Nick, I use this site as my Blu Ray bible because of it's accurate reviews.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Crow-Blu-ray/24516/#Review

But, I don't always agree too. ;)

I'm watching the Crow on bluray...10 bucks at walmarts...

Looks and sounds fantastic.

Kev, do you really see the difference?

Someone had told me recently it just looked like the same movie with no difference in sounds or video quality.

Stepping up to HD is one of those things you don't really notice until a year later when you pop in an old DVD and feel like you're getting bad reception on the rabbit ear antenna
Nick, I use this site as my Blu Ray bible because of it's accurate reviews.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Crow-Blu-ray/24516/#Review

But, I don't always agree too. ;)

Thank you, Jerel.

:foryou:

An extremely kind board member sent a Crow 3 Tundra as a gift recently, signed by O'Barr. He included a flyer from the show where the book was signed.

Tundra_Crow001.jpg

:luhv:(worship):whee:

And this one came in recently as a surprise gift from another extremely kind boardie.

DeathRattle3002.jpg

:luhv:(worship):whee:

Gotta love the boards! (worship)

:cloud9:

What are you doing to get free stuff? :sumo:

lol

Don't worry. When you hear a knock at your door and someone tells you, "Time to pay for Bosco's gift," just go with the flow. I'll owe you.

:o:ohnoez:

:gossip: Give them the Chew books first.