• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Dang!

Luke Evans Reaffirms That He Probably Will Not Star In THE CROW

-----------------

In fact, it sounds like Relativity is not in contact with Evans at all anymore, concerning the cult -classic Caliber Comics adaptation. "Right now I’m not sure where it is, I don’t know what’s happening with it. I think it’s a question probably to ask [distributor] Relativity…they’re the ones who are really holding the strings to this story and this character. But yeah, I don’t think it’s gonna be something I’m gonna be doing for a while. I’ve got about four or five different projects which I’m lining up for this year, which will take up the majority of my 12 months. So not in the near future, unfortunately."

-----------------

And where they had O'Barr singing its praises early on...

-----------------

Evans also acknowledges that with F. Javier Gutiérrez no longer set to direct, the initial plans for the reboot to adhere closer to the source material than the 1994 film that starred Brandon Lee. "It’ll be a different concept, a different director, a different -script, and who knows where it will go? I mean, when I was in conversations with everybody it was about being as honorable to the book and loyal to the book as possible. And that meant it would be a very different film to the one that was made with Brandon Lee. Which was a good thing in a way. I mean, it wasn’t that we were trying to replicate something. It was, we were gonna go back to the book and be as completely truthful as possible. But who knows where it’ll go? And who knows whether I’ll be playing it or somebody else.”

-----------------

:eek: