• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Youre Final thoughts on Action # 1 "6.0" Results.

118 posts in this topic

I had an -law who compared GA comic collecting to Beanie-Babies. I handed him a Pep 30, in it's Mylar, so he could look at the cover and he casually and automatically tried to roll it up. If it weren't for my lightning reflexes.......

My family owns a steel plant and we have a very family-oriented workplace in the office. Many folks know I collect so some of the guys will poke their heads in my office when I get a package to see if I picked up anything cool. None of them are collectors though.

When the book was being hyped, probably 5 different people mentioned to me that they saw it on tv or read about it online. I also got a few emails from friends who don't collect just pointing out that they had seen it as well. Even my sister-in-law in California dropped me a link to an article about it. We don't see each other often nor talk about our interests so I was pretty shocked that she picked up on the sale and took the time to mention it to me.

Seems they did a good job getting some exposure for the book.

my final thought...

I didn't win this one, but maybe the next one :devil:

Grab the 1.8 on Metro's site? A

bargain" at less than $100k (thumbs u

Would this be your "2nd" copy you've owned?

I have made my offer to S...just waiting to hear back :wishluck:

my final thought...

I didn't win this one, but maybe the next one :devil:

Grab the 1.8 on Metro's site? A

bargain" at less than $100k (thumbs u

Would this be your "2nd" copy you've owned?

yep

I've read about the sale in every Toronto newspaper, it's on every Toronto newscast, I'm sure it's also been in every other major paper in North America (at the very least) .........and just 5 minutes ago I heard them talk about it for 5 minutes on Howard Stern............can only be ALL GOOD for our hobby!!

I've read about the sale in every Toronto newspaper, it's on every Toronto newscast, I'm sure it's also been in every other major paper in North America (at the very least) .........and just 5 minutes ago I heard them talk about it for 5 minutes on Howard Stern............can only be ALL GOOD for our hobby!!
my dad in OH called me today to "explain" all about it... I didn't have the heart to tell him.. :cry:

my dad in OH called me today to "explain" all about it... I didn't have the heart to tell him.. :cry:

Didn't want him to know you were a Loser :baiting:

....... a loser 'cause he'd be willing to drop 317K on a comic book of all things??

:baiting:

....... a loser 'cause he'd be willing to drop 317K on a comic book of all things??

Cuz he came in second. :sumo:

:jokealert:

......just to expand on my "bad" joke, alot of "discussion" I've heard on talk shows has been about how "insane" it is to actually pay so much for an old comic book.......art is different, but comic books--- the lay public seems to think it is just plain stupidity. Maybe a previous comment about a little educating of the lay public ,when sales like these happen, about comic collecting and investing would do our hobby some more good...........

or that I would be crazy enough to spend that kind of money on a comic book (got to stay in the realm of the sane, you know )

my dad still remembers buying me my first comic, Silver Surfer #1 in 1973 at the flea market...

my dad still remembers buying me my first comic, Silver Surfer #1 in 1973 at the flea market...

That's Gator for 'ya.........his FIRST comic book ever and it's a Silver Surfer #1!!!!!!!

That's Gator for 'ya.........his FIRST comic book ever and it's a Silver Surfer #1!!!!!!!

yep, 25 cents and I still have it to this day...

that is why the only Silver Age I collect are FF (surfer covers) and SS 1-18... I plan on winning the entire Rocky Mountain run :insane:

that is why the only Silver Age I collect are FF (surfer covers) and SS 1-18... I plan on winning the entire Rocky Mountain run :insane:

If you're planning it, it is as good as done!! (thumbs u

If you're planning it, it is as good as done!! (thumbs u

I am actually semi serious...problem is only 15 of the 18 issues are being auctioned...

being one of those "weird" completist type collectors, i want to know where the other 3 are first lol

that's hysterical! :roflmao:

that's hysterical! :roflmao:

Dad? I only had $317K to blow on a comic. It wasn't enough.

:roflmao:

Rick not laughing at you but think of how funny that sounds. My dad pulled my ears when I told him I wanted to spend $5 on a book.

:roflmao:

It's awesome that you have a great relationship with your pops!

(thumbs u