• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Unofficial Underground Comix thread...
14 14

2,309 posts in this topic

Rebel Visions by Rosenkranz is your best history source book.

This is a must for anyone interested in Undergrounds, an excellent history of the medium chock full of images ( including plenty of rare stuff). It will broaden any new fan's scope of interest.

Awesome thank you (thumbs u

Forgot to mention that the softcover is the new updated edition, it's got a red and blue cover.

I've been selling quite a few of my harder to get undergrounds, but I think I'm going to hang onto my copy of Jesus Loves You. That cover is just too good. (Not my copy, mine is in better condition)

jlycover.jpg

Been keeping an eye out for a copy to compare it with the tabloid regular version I picked up (that isn't listed in any of the price guides). There was one on eBay a year or two ago that I lost out on. I've been in no rush, just wanted to find one to add to the collection and see what's different between them. Post a link to your books for sale so we can keep watch.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

Oh well, I just got one no one is going to get. Cosmic Circus 2 (print eun of ........2!!!!!!) BTW #3 was never printed or made. I will put the pic on the Facebook underground comic site or the old cbg forum. Screw putting stuff in a photo bucket and re sizing all the time.

Post a link, I don't know which Facebook page you're referring to as there are multiples.

I'm looking for a couple comix and thought I'd post them here in the chance someone has one for sale.

Classex Comix Peanus #1 (saw that there was one on eBay six months ago that I missed).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLASSEX-COMIX-PEANUS-1-MAGAZINE-AN-ADULT-SEX-MAGAZINE-PARODY-ON-PEANUTS-GANG-/381281671186?nma=true&si=G1kZn%252BHZGGuIotEzBISDWuKvfo8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Still looking for Peanus, eh? Well if you recall I found mine in the kids section of a thrift store. Sure, lightning striking twice is unlikely, but still possible. People sorting things tend not to pay attention to the fact that while it looks like the real C. Brown and Co., it's not. Therefore look where you don't expect to find it. I'm proof that it's the sort of thing that does occur.

I check every few months for a copy, but you're the only one that I know that has one of the books and I have the only set of 6 of the mini-comix that I've seen. Then I happened to check and see that one one of the books was on eBay won 6 months ago. Neither the mini-comix #1-6 or the book are listed in any of the guides.

I've been selling quite a few of my harder to get undergrounds, but I think I'm going to hang onto my copy of Jesus Loves You. That cover is just too good. (Not my copy, mine is in better condition)

jlycover.jpg

Been keeping an eye out for a copy to compare it with the tabloid regular version I picked up (that isn't listed in any of the price guides). There was one on eBay a year or two ago that I lost out on. I've been in no rush, just wanted to find one to add to the collection and see what's different between them. Post a link to your books for sale so we can keep watch.

I'd heard of this, but didn't realize until just now reading more about it, that Craig Yoe was involved. What are the interiors like?

jlycover.jpg

I'd heard of this, but didn't realize until just now reading more about it, that Craig Yoe was involved. What are the interiors like?

I asked him about the different versions and he didn't have much recollection on this item other than it was him.

Were all you guys asleep? I had it in my watch list, but wasn't online to make a late bid. If I had known it was going to go THIS cheap...

Raw #1 FN goes for $21.50

Actually, I was just getting up. But since I already own a copy it's not something I usually look for. Somebody got a nice deal and I guess it's this type of opportunity that keeps folks regularly checking what's on Ebay. Sorry for your loss and I wish you the best success in your pursuit of Raw #1.

Were all you guys asleep? I had it in my watch list, but wasn't online to make a late bid. If I had known it was going to go THIS cheap...

Actually, I was just getting up. But since I already own a copy it's not something I usually look for. Somebody got a nice deal and I guess it's this type of opportunity that keeps folks regularly checking what's on Ebay. Sorry for your loss and I wish you the best success in your pursuit of Raw #1.

Nah, I already have one, or I would have made more of an effort to bid on this one. Here's my copy:

000_0853.jpg

Oh well, I just got one no one is going to get. Cosmic Circus 2 (print eun of ........2!!!!!!) BTW #3 was never printed or made. I will put the pic on the Facebook underground comic site or the old cbg forum. Screw putting stuff in a photo bucket and re sizing all the time.

Post a link, I don't know which Facebook page you're referring to as there are multiples.

Arnie, do you mean this one? The one you've been posting your sweet art in?

Underground Comix Group on FB

Guy, any other UG pertinent FB groups that aren't public that I should be aware of?

Post a link to your books for sale so we can keep watch.

I haven't been selling on eBay, but thinking about maybe listing some more. I think the last underground comix items I sold were some Mike Roden Thru Black Holes stuff.

You've probably seen this, but someone sold a nice batch of the later Roden books on e-bay last month. Starting bids were between $14.99 and $19.99...

Road Trip (2006) $68

Halloween #7 (2006) $57

Weird World #1 (2003) (50 copies) $52

Tiki Comix (2007) (approx. 50 copies) $48

Crazy Men #7 (2007) $47

Skull (2003) (only 30 copies) $47

Michael Roden Comix Check List (1986) (50 copies) $45

If I recall correctly, most of these were books Michael was selling in his e-bay store back in '05 - '07 just before he passed... I bought from him at the time, but neglected to pick up some of these.

:flamed:

I will try posting some questions I have that relate relating to UG/alternative comix within this general thread. Any help from the followers of this thread would be appreciated.

1) Corpsemeat 1 (Savage Pencil) - can anyone confirm that there is a second printing of this item or if there is only one printing? I have seen on-line that there is a supposed 1991 second printing in existence.

2) Corpsemeat 1.5 (Savage Pencil) - does anyone know which comic this mini was bound into? There is an on-line answer: a comic called Blast #4. I have also heard that is was bound into Corpsemeat 2. Can anyone confirm its origin?

3) Eric Fromm Comic and Stories (SFCC) - I believe that Gary A. used this title for 2 types of publications - a stapled comic and for a tabloid. The tabloid has the word "Listing" at the end of the title. Both forms appear to be mailers.

Can any one tell me if the above is correct and how many different issues of the EFCS stapled comic and the tabloid series exist?

PS: I will attempt to contact Savage Pencil, the creator of Corpsemeat, to answer my questions. I will share if I should hear anything back from him.

Edited by dannyboycheapyboy

Just full of UG related questions today!

I have another question that a thread follower could hopefully answer.

Does the "true first" printing of Mickey Rat #2 with the out of order pages, actually exist and how rare is it?

I have yet to see one come up for sale. If it does exist:

Does anyone personally own a copy?

Does anyone know what a fair market price would be?