• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best software for organizing/cataloging my comic collection?

57 posts in this topic

Well, it's the end of March, so it's time to act upon my New Year's resolutions from 2002-2009.

I plan to catalog my entire comics collection so I can know what I have, how long I've had it, what I (think) I paid, etc. I use Apple iMac with OS 10.4. I did a quick search on the boards, but didn't come up with anything. I have tried to download comiccollectorlive's product, but it doesn't seem to work on my system. Does anyone have suggestions for a software or shareware product? Thanks in advance for the consideration.

JB

I'm on a mac as well, and, unfortunately, the only comic book collecting software out there with a macintosh version is Comicbase. I really didn't like Comicbase, so I use Comic Collector instead - it's PC-only, so you'll need to run Bootcamp or Parallels to use it.

Conversely, I really like ComicBase. I use a PC, though.

I also use Excel. It works fine for me.

Mike

same here!

And I can build it exactly like I want it

Yep.

My latest project with excel is a database of Moon Knight. It still in the works but this is a sample from a bit back. Still working on some things with it and in later versions the numbers can be clicked and it will load a picture of the actual book. Still adding pictures though. Since it was in excel also could convert to webpage :)

Needs IE to work. Tabs for pages at bottom.

Moon Knight project

One of the nice things about ComicBase is the weekly update they give you with all the new comics released for that week. If you are into variants, it lets you track what is out there and what you may have missed at the LCS. You can get a bar code scanner to record your books, too. (I don't have one so I don't really know how well that works.

I use an excel based program..

Don't feel like plunking down the $$$ for it so I use these mirror programs that are free.

www.openoffice.org

(thumbs u