• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POST your 5 favorite pieces of art!

59 posts in this topic

Favorite 5 pieces? hm

Very Very tough question. I'd have an easier time telling you why I chose each piece. But some of my favorite pieces are:

1) PREACHER 1 pg 34 - The entire 66 issue series wrapped up in six word balloons. Plus its a pretty cool splash :luhv:

2) LUCIFER 14 cover - Fegredo, the look on her face, the hands. I about myself when I saw this was still available on Splashpage. :cloud9:

3) LUCIFER 14 pg 4 - Dean Ormston creating another masterpiece in his very unique and instantly recognizable style.

4) LUCIFER 31 cover - speaks for itself.

5) HELLBLAZER 144 & 145 - We all get to cheat in another one right? I was lucky enough to reunite these covers from a 2-part story. Fabry <3

All pieces I count myself lucky enough to own, along with THESE PIECES

76751.jpg.e9cd28e58e5aed323493014ad15adee2.jpg

76752.jpg.5465a24f254d7f7ca29ceabfc7dded93.jpg

76753.jpg.bc32cd97b06db2cb7ac59f582e979a2f.jpg

76754.jpg.27536d565a06b3610aabbb67681ac8b2.jpg

76755.jpg.5fcc762587ab3e37f6c6e7e71f36db7c.jpg

I'll play, although I'm too lazy to post each image, and wouldn't know how to pick my top five. So, just follow the link to my CAF gallery at the bottom of this post, and look at my main page. I'm sure there are five pieces (out of the twelve posted) there that would qualify as my "favorites". Thanks for looking!

Scott Williams

OK, now that I think about it, I can't pick favorites. That'd be like 5 best movies, or 5 favorite songs. Too many. I love everything, or I wouldn't still have it all.

I can put in 5 pieces though. I'll go with a painted covers theme.

Eddie Campbell - From Hell cover to issue #2

10"x14" all kinds of paint, watercolor, pencil etc, on board

FromHell.jpg

Brian Stelfreeze - Legends of the Dark Knight cover (too lazy to look up the issue)

12"x18" gouache and watercolor on heavy board.

LegendsJoker.jpg

Duncan Fegredo - Shade the Changing Man cover to issue #47

11"x17" acrylic, gouache and colored pencil on DC art board.

Shade_new.jpg

Ashley Wood - Zombies vs. Robots vs. Amazons cover to issue #1

17" x 24" oil on board

ZVRframed.jpg

Jeremy Geddes - Zombie cover to issue #3

24" x 38" oil on board

zombie3.jpg

I'll play, although I'm too lazy to post each image, and wouldn't know how to pick my top five. So, just follow the link to my CAF gallery at the bottom of this post, and look at my main page. I'm sure there are five pieces (out of the twelve posted) there that would qualify as my "favorites". Thanks for looking!

Scott Williams

that surfer page and the frazetta are mind-blowing!

picking my top 5 was easy, bc i have less than 20 pieces lol )

i'm still making payments on two of these...see if you can guess which ones hm

1) Noble Causes: Family Secrets #3b by Valentino Invincibles first appearance!

NobleCauses3familysecretsvariant.jpg

2) Silver Surfer sketch by Joe Sinnott

Sinnot_SilverSurfer.jpg

3) Invincible #52 pg 10 ( i only have the pencils, for now :) ) by Ottley

Invincible52pg10.jpg

4) Invincible #60 pgs 4/5 ( #60 second printing variant cover ) by Ottley

60p4-5sml.jpg

5) 'Hair popsicle' sketch by Ottley

153.jpg

Picking 5 pieces was not as easy as I thought it would be.

Dell'Otto Silver Surfer cover:

031.jpg

Silver Surfer #76 cover by Ron Lim

DC_3535627.jpg

Planet Hulk DPS:

030.jpg

Marko Djurdjevic Thor 7 cover:

thor7inkedcover.jpg

The Stand Stephen King cover:

bermejo011.jpg

Seeing as I own very few pieces its easy to pick my favorites. Nothing as cool as Ive seen here, except the Grell piece I think is awesome, but I wanna play along too. The 4 Mahnke pieces pretty much got me started in collecting OA and I immediate jumped into getting the Grell piece which I absolutely love. Its finished pencils for the upcoming Issue #4 (Hope to get a nice painted piece in the future). Its yellow in the pic due to a sorry camera. Ill be slow in adding pieces but I will be very picky in the next few years.

th_JLACYBERpg30.jpg,th_MOS99pg15.jpg,th_MOS116pg21.jpg,th_MOS117pg12.jpg,th_Picture303.jpg

Scott Williams

I will choose my favorites from YOUR collection.

Moon Knight 23 Cover. Bill's Cover run from the teens into the 30's on this series are my favorite block of cover's for any series and this is my favorite of them all.

moonknight23cover.jpg

Loved the Neal Adams run on X-Men especially the Sentinels story line.

Xmen_58.jpg

Full page John Buscema splash. What can I say Big John is one of my favorite artists if not my favorite and sadly the only pieces I had by him I sold in during college.

Avengers_58_pg20.jpg

Not a big Wrightson Frankenstein plate person (big fan of Wrightson though), but this is probably the best one I have seen.

wrightsonfrankenstein.jpg

Ealry 90's X-Men team against Magneto. This was the stuff I grew up on. Too bad the inker nearly ruined Jim Lee's pencil work. :jokealert:

williamsxmen2.jpg

Bottom line, I would love to own the Moon Knight cover and the Adams splash, as I could really use a good Sentinels splash for my Rogues Gallery.