• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone else still waiting for books submitted at NYCC?

218 posts in this topic

40 days is loooong gone. I think I may be approaching 90?

If it's true books are talking 90 working days to get graded then something is seriously wrong with the system at CGC. Add in the impending price increase and I can't fathom why anyone would continue using their services...

Jim

If it's true books are talking 90 working days to get graded then something is seriously wrong with the system at CGC. Add in the impending price increase and I can't fathom why anyone would continue using their services...

Jim

Feb 9th or 10th I submitted. So right now I am still a week and change away. The kicker is my friend submitted a SA book the day after me and got it back like 6 weeks ago.

Jim

Feb 9th or 10th I submitted. So right now I am still a week and change away. The kicker is my friend submitted a SA book the day after me and got it back like 6 weeks ago.

But when CGC talks about days, they are talking about "working" days. So 40 days is really 8 weeks...

90 working days would be 18 weeks... :o

Jim

Jim

But when CGC talks about days, they are talking about "working" days. So 40 days is really 8 weeks...

90 working days would be 18 weeks... :o

Jim

I would imagine that time has still come and gone.

Funny thing is this. While I would like to have my books in a timely matter, I dont get upset with CGC. I called some time in april, they said some date like 2 days after I called the books would get graded. These are for my collection, so im not in a hurry. Its not like I will crack them out and read them..

Now if these were books I NEEDED right away I would be upset, especially if they were to be sold after I received them from CGC.

The Tier change does indeed stink. But the lack of new submissions will likely improve turn around time again. It just stinks that the price increase and shift in years was a bit sudden. But it is their business. I submitted all the BA books I had in a 2 week period in hopes of some nice 9.6/9.8's. And as far as future buys I guess I will have to value tier any BA Tecs to try and save the dime later on.

I had three groups submitted (received at CGC) 2/13. The standards and express went thru right on time. They called Monday to say the economies were graded the preceding Friday and wanted to upcharge several books. I called today and was told they still weren't shipped. Encapsulation is way behind due to all the people trying to beat the price increase. So now I've paid the 15 day price and will be lucky to get them in 55.

I had three groups submitted (received at CGC) 2/13. The standards and express went thru right on time. They called Monday to say the economies were graded the preceding Friday and wanted to upcharge several books. I called today and was told they still weren't shipped. Encapsulation is way behind due to all the people trying to beat the price increase. So now I've paid the 15 day price and will be lucky to get them in 55.
Sorry. I sent 30 books 20 should be there now, 10 will be there probably wednesday.

pat, have you called to inquire on the status (shrug)
Nope. I wanna see how long it takes. If May 9th rolls around I will call again. That way I can say I called 2 months ago and you said they were being graded the day after I called.

Nope. I wanna see how long it takes. If May 9th rolls around I will call again. That way I can say I called 2 months ago and you said they were being graded the day after I called.

If I were you, I'd call. Maybe they are just lost in the shuffle and just sitting around waiting to be mailed out.

If I were you, I'd call. Maybe they are just lost in the shuffle and just sitting around waiting to be mailed out.

Thats the point. I want to see how long it will take if you dont call and complain. Will it be another week, month?

Personally I think it is just ridiculous. But hey I dont run the place.

You're not alone.....still waiting on mine too. Don't know how long a magazine takes though.
Maybe 4 months ? (shrug)

Go to the registry and look at the book stuck at received. People having fits that it takes 2 months to get a book back.