• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New OPG! I don't have mine...who won't either?

24 posts in this topic

Haven't bought one in 5 or 6 years (thumbs u

Issue 33 was my last one, though I will admit I was tempted to buy last year's at 50% off until I riffed through it and didn't find anything really interesting to read.

Last year was the 1st time since I was in middle school I didn't eagerly anticipate looking through it, didn't buy one last year, won't buy one this year. GPA is "guide" for slabbed books (and where GPA is lacking due to low census numbers, OS really isn't going to help either), and for the GA books I collect, I would only be disappointing myself to read the guide and think "Great, I'll just go to ebay and buy a VG copy of Mr. X #6 for $255.00 like it says in the guide! :acclaim:".

The market reports are interesting...but not interesting enough anymore given the internet.

it has been 2 or 3 years so it's about time. i will wait until i get a big online coupon from borders or something. i'd prefer to give my lcs the busines, but they aren't giving me 25-40% off anything.

I last bought 36, so I bought this one (39).

Me too. I thought I was buying every other year, but apparently I missed one. Not a big problem. My next one will be 42 I guess.