• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on this all select #1

86 posts in this topic

You can ask for a blue label. They just knock the grade down. Also, I don't believe CGC is noting "detached cover" on the label of books that grade out at under 6.0(that have a blue label).

If that's true, that's crazy. Since I crack out all my books I would be choked if a centerfold fell out during the process. They really need to get the notes online, sell the info he same way GPA sells its data. To answer the previous question GLOD's are rarely seen these days and having owned more than a few books with detached covers they have always been with blue labels.

All I know is, I submitted two books(in the same submission) last year, both with detached centerfolds. The one that graded above 6.0 noted it, the one that graded below 6.0 did not.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2805413&fpart=46

here's the link to the 3.5.

well I think $3,000 may be too much. I will counter offer and see what he says.

I think I will post a wanted ad on here for other Timely's (mainly sub mariner #1, human torch #2(1), and all select #1 and see what happens.

Subby 1 :luhv:

You can ask for a blue label. They just knock the grade down. Also, I don't believe CGC is noting "detached cover" on the label of books that grade out at under 6.0(that have a blue label).
:whistle:

mf54-1-1.jpg

:whistle:

mf54-1-1.jpg

Interesting. Maybe they boo-booed on mine.

Just remember that there are lots of Timelys that are fun to collect because they have classic covers(Captain America Comics 37 & 74 for example), and any Marvel Mystery from 28-66, and of course there is All Winners and USA comics war covers. (thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2805413&fpart=46

here's the link to the 3.5.

well I think $3,000 may be too much. I will counter offer and see what he says.

I think I will post a wanted ad on here for other Timely's (mainly sub mariner #1, human torch #2(1), and all select #1 and see what happens.

Subby 1 :luhv:

my thoughts exactly.

My feeling is if this is your grail get it. If you have a number of books in mind for that type of money, I would wait for the best copy I could get for the money sans defects.

I also beleive we are entering more of a buyers market. Time will tell but prices might be getting better for buyers in the next 6-12 months.

My feeling is if this is your grail get it. If you have a number of books in mind for that type of money, I would wait for the best copy I could get for the money sans defects.

I also beleive we are entering more of a buyers market. Time will tell but prices might be getting better for buyers in the next 6-12 months.

hey thanks. this is a great forum. my goal over ther next 3 years or so is to eventually have a display case filled with Timely books that will sit in my den. I have only collected silver age up till now but thought it would be fun to grab a few GA's. cgc 3.0-6.0 are fine with me as long as they have some nice eye appeal to them, that's why the all select 3.0 caught my eye at first. your right though, I shouldn't be in a hurry.

hey thanks. this is a great forum. my goal over ther next 3 years or so is to eventually have a display case filled with Timely books that will sit in my den. I have only collected silver age up till now but thought it would be fun to grab a few GA's. cgc 3.0-6.0 are fine with me as long as they have some nice eye appeal to them, that's why the all select 3.0 caught my eye at first. your right though, I shouldn't be in a hurry.

Well, hope you have some deep pockets!

lol

I know exactly where you are coming from as I made the switch from SA to GA about 1.5 years ago.

Some people have been looking to fill their Showcases for years and when a desirable book shows up it can lead to a real shooting match...although the availability of super cool books has increased over the past few months.

Good luck with your quest!

Roy.

lol

I know exactly where you are coming from as I made the switch from SA to GA about 1.5 years ago.

Some people have been looking to fill their Showcases for years and when a desirable book shows up it can lead to a real shooting match...although the availability of super cool books has increased over the past few months.

Good luck with your quest!

Roy.

haha, thanks! and when I said next 3 years I meant probably more like 10 lol

I've never put too much thought into it but do detached centerfolds normally turn off alot of buyers? is an AS 3.0 with a detached centerfold just as collectible as a AS 3.0 with an attached centerfold with more cover wear instead? is it a personal preference?

lol

A most remarkable transformation! (thumbs u

lol

A most remarkable transformation! (thumbs u

Why thank you.

:blush:

Welcome to the boards (WTTB)! And welcome to gold collecting! You'll probably find gold collecting a lot different from silver and other stuff, due in large part to relative scarcity as well as some really awesome stuff.

Regarding detached cf's on GA books, usually it's not a big issue, but you probably want to inspect the book more carefully, in particular to assess whether other center wraps are close to detachment.

Good luck in your quest! (thumbs u

I could live with a detached centre fold on a lower grade book if I am getting a book that is otherwise 1 to 1.5 grades higher. Rather have that then tape, rusty staples or a bad dust shadow on the front cover.

Bruce

hm

OK, now I LIKE new people...it's nice to have new people...but when someone's first post on the boards is about an All Select 1, that just sold on C-Link...

and then the same book, JUST happens to show up (the same night) on Ebay...

I would figure THIS is the same book?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200329700006&fromMakeTrack=true

and when I email the seller (who does not usually sell comics) ..he responds that he won't be able to send me a larger picture until Friday, because the book is at his warehouse...

Something...seems to be a trifle Odd, here? :shrug:?

Especially since I'm seeing the words "hot" in the both places...and the Ebay sale is asking for less money?