• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Greatest BAD movie of all time

218 posts in this topic

I love bad films, and they don't get much badder than Destroy All Monsters. A truly epic film that has all the ingredients required of a bad movie, and then some.

Do you like men in rubber suits? The full panoply of Japanese filmic monsters? Then this is the one for you!!!!

That is one great bad movie. :headbang:

1) "Soldier" starring Kurt Russell; flopped in theaters, but to me it tells a great story.

That movie was great, and they way Russell shows the maturation of the lead character is well done. The fighting scenes were awesome, especially when they were on the chains.

The bald guy that becomes his rival - isn't that the same actor from "The Jungle Book?" That dude was ripped in "Soldier."

Jason lee....Played Bruce Lee in the Dragon movie

1) "Soldier" starring Kurt Russell; flopped in theaters, but to me it tells a great story.

That movie was great, and they way Russell shows the maturation of the lead character is well done. The fighting scenes were awesome, especially when they were on the chains.

The bald guy that becomes his rival - isn't that the same actor from "The Jungle Book?" That dude was ripped in "Soldier."

He was tough in "Soldier" and I was totally impressed as I don't think he played a villain before.

He was tough in "Soldier" and I was totally impressed as I don't think he played a villain before.

He was.

Also as a bad movie not listed yet I still watch it

UNIVERSAL SOLIDER

and

SOLO

How about some Val Kilmer movies that flopped but later are not so bad on video/DVD?

I didn't like "Spartan" in the theater, but once I watched it a few times afterwards it actually is a great story. Just very thin characters at times. But the main character is all about business, and I am okay with that.

"The Saint" was another surprise that I hoped they would do a follow-up on. Being a fan of the old TV series, I didn't expect much but really enjoyed it.

And what about "The Ghost and the Darkness" - based on a semi-true story which the lions are stuffed and supposed to still be on display at the Chicago Field Museum. Not a bad storyline, though I think it disappeared from the theater quickly.

Top 5 on my list of greatest movies that are 1 star clunkers but to me rock.

1- The Warriors, NY is the playground to hundreds of gangs, The Warriors are trying to get back to Coney Island. Great quotes: "Warriors, come out and play". And one that I use to this day after my 5th drink, "Can youuuuuuu dig it?"

2- Escape from NY, with Snake Pliskin. This is just a cool movie.

3- Matrix "I know Kung Fu..."Show Me".

4- Rocky 3, we had Hulk Hogan as Thunder Lips, we had Mr T as Clubber Lang, we had Apollo. C'mon, this is a super-hero movie.

5- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, with the great Mr. Clint Eastwood. That sound track is my ring tone.

I just downloaded and watched it yesterday. It's called "Dead Snow" and is about Dead Nazi zombies that come back from the dead and kill people in the Netherlands or somewhere. It's awesome-ly bad.

5- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, with the great Mr. Clint Eastwood. That sound track is my ring tone.

thats also my ringtone on my phone -- but I respectifully thing you might be smokin` something by putting it on your list . Sergio Leone was a helluva director but only made a handful of films you should check out Duck, You Sucker and Once Upon A Time In The West

My greatest Bad Movie -- Roadie -- staring Meatloaf

I love bad films, and they don't get much badder than Destroy All Monsters. A truly epic film that has all the ingredients required of a bad movie, and then some.

Do you like men in rubber suits? The full panoply of Japanese filmic monsters? Then this is the one for you!!!!

That is one great bad movie. :headbang:

This film kicks . (thumbs u I love how they roll out every single monster in the Toho catalog. It's actually more like a Broadway musical where they pull out all the stops and bring out 11 different dancers :banana::bump::banana::bump: for the grand finale. Seeing all of those rubber icons together in one movie was probably the bees knees :busy: for Godzilla fanboys back then. Had this movie come out today the internet would have broken in half.

Personally, I have to go with the original "Godzilla" (not the US version with Raymond Burr) and "Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster". "Destroy All Monsters" was fun and all but it was like the japanese rubber suit monster movie equivalent of an all you can eat brunch - pure gluttony for 85 min and then massive indigestion followed by a massive sugar crash.

And with such rubber and balsa wood overkill the characters suffered a little bit I think. In the Godzilla/Toho movies you find that in movies with 1 to 3 monsters that the rubber lizards are more fleshed out character wise - a little more three dimensional if you will. I felt like knowing that Rodan had a fear of clowns or that Mothra's longed for a long term relationship just helped me identify with them more as real, um, people.

On the Toho scale of 1 to 10 with the Original Directors Cut of the original Godzilla being a 9 (VF/NM 9.0) (they still haven't made the definitive Godzilla movie) and "Son Of Godzilla" loggin a 3 (G/VG 3.0) I give "Destroy All Monsters" a 6 (a FINE 6.0 with minor to moderate corner and edge wear).

Lots of great bad movies already mentioned in this thread. Flash Gordon, Destroy All Monsters (Any Godzilla would fit the bill.) ... classics.

Here are a couple yet to be mentioned:

Dario Argento's "Inferno" - Stylized weirdness.

And 80's zombie movie "Night of the Comet" for this: "I'm not crazy, I just don't give a :censored: ."

How could this thread go 9 pages and no one mention SHOWGIRLS one of the truly awful yet funny movies.

Tremors is so fun, I watch it everytime its on cable. I gotta tell you guys, I may just do a thread for "KNOWING". Wow, what a surprise. My girlfriend and I absolutely loved this movie. I think all of you guys (and girls) will like it. I about had given up on Nicholas Cage, but after reading 3 great reviews of the film, we decided to give it a try. The best film of the year IMO.

Technically he has... he was one of Griff's punk hover boarder gang in Back to the Future II

How about .....

"The Rocky Horror Picture Show"?

"The Octagon" starring Chuck Norris?

"Chained Heat" with Linda Blair?

"The Sword and the Sorcerer" with Lee Horsely?

"Chucky" and all the sequels?

(shrug)

These movies are so bad that they actually become funny. They are like train wrecks - you know it's bad but you can't stop watching. :popcorn:

Cheers!

N

How about .....

"The Rocky Horror Picture Show"?

"The Octagon" starring Chuck Norris?

"Chained Heat" with Linda Blair?

"The Sword and the Sorcerer" with Lee Horsely?

"Chucky" and all the sequels?

(shrug)

These movies are so bad that they actually become funny. They are like train wrecks - you know it's bad but you can't stop watching. :popcorn:

Cheers!

N

Chucky is no match for the Leprechaun or worse yet Leprechaun in space!

Easy list.

Hulk 1

Hulk 2

Fantastic Four 1

Fantastic Four 2

X-Men 3

Honorable mention:

Punisher 1 & 2

Spiderman 3

All of these sucked comprehensively on one or more levels, and I still watch select bits and pieces of all of them when they air.

But for old school, you can't go wrong with early Gene Autry, Roy Rogers, or John Wayne movies. Desperately bad sometimes, but they still appeal.

Most of what you said is true, but John Wayne had alot of fantastic movies. Not many you can call desperately bad, unless you are talking McQ.

Yes, but for every "The Shootist" there was appalling tosh like "The Green Berets".

Ahh, but I specified EARLY films. For Wayne that would be most any of his work before "Stagecoach". All of those early two and three reelers that play Saturday mornings on AMC would qualify.

And agreed, Wayne made some mighty fime films in his career, although MCQ certainly isn't one of them.