• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Greatest BAD movie of all time

218 posts in this topic

Mine are just ones that I seem to have watched a couple times but they were not "hit" movies.

1. Warriors

2. They Live

3. Kung-Fu Hustle

4. It

5. Big trouble in Little china

You wanna' know bad.. was anyone able to finish watching the postman or waterworld? That is some serious waste of screen time..

I like both of those and watch them whenever they are on television.

I love bad films, and they don't get much badder than Destroy All Monsters. A truly epic film that has all the ingredients required of a bad movie, and then some.

Do you like men in rubber suits? The full panoply of Japanese filmic monsters? Then this is the one for you!!!!

That is one great bad movie. :headbang:

This film kicks . (thumbs u I love how they roll out every single monster in the Toho catalog. It's actually more like a Broadway musical where they pull out all the stops and bring out 11 different dancers :banana::bump::banana::bump: for the grand finale. Seeing all of those rubber icons together in one movie was probably the bees knees :busy: for Godzilla fanboys back then. Had this movie come out today the internet would have broken in half.

Personally, I have to go with the original "Godzilla" (not the US version with Raymond Burr) and "Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster". "Destroy All Monsters" was fun and all but it was like the japanese rubber suit monster movie equivalent of an all you can eat brunch - pure gluttony for 85 min and then massive indigestion followed by a massive sugar crash.

And with such rubber and balsa wood overkill the characters suffered a little bit I think. In the Godzilla/Toho movies you find that in movies with 1 to 3 monsters that the rubber lizards are more fleshed out character wise - a little more three dimensional if you will. I felt like knowing that Rodan had a fear of clowns or that Mothra's longed for a long term relationship just helped me identify with them more as real, um, people.

On the Toho scale of 1 to 10 with the Original Directors Cut of the original Godzilla being a 9 (VF/NM 9.0) (they still haven't made the definitive Godzilla movie) and "Son Of Godzilla" loggin a 3 (G/VG 3.0) I give "Destroy All Monsters" a 6 (a FINE 6.0 with minor to moderate corner and edge wear).

lol

I don't know what you are smoking, but please - pass the pipe!!

N.B. Post 1,000!!! Onward!!!!

I love bad films, and they don't get much badder than Destroy All Monsters. A truly epic film that has all the ingredients required of a bad movie, and then some.

Do you like men in rubber suits? The full panoply of Japanese filmic monsters? Then this is the one for you!!!!

This film kicks . (thumbs u I love how they roll out every single monster in the Toho catalog. It's actually more like a Broadway musical where they pull out all the stops and bring out 11 different dancers :banana::bump::banana::bump: for the grand finale. Seeing all of those rubber icons together in one movie was probably the bees knees :busy: for Godzilla fanboys back then. Had this movie come out today the internet would have broken in half.

Personally, I have to go with the original "Godzilla" (not the US version with Raymond Burr) and "Ghidorah the Three Headed Monster". "Destroy All Monsters" was fun and all but it was like the japanese rubber suit monster movie equivalent of an all you can eat brunch - pure gluttony for 85 min and then massive indigestion followed by a massive sugar crash.

And with such rubber and balsa wood overkill the characters suffered a little bit I think. In the Godzilla/Toho movies you find that in movies with 1 to 3 monsters that the rubber lizards are more fleshed out character wise - a little more three dimensional if you will. I felt like knowing that Rodan had a fear of clowns or that Mothra's longed for a long term relationship just helped me identify with them more as real, um, people.

On the Toho scale of 1 to 10 with the Original Directors Cut of the original Godzilla being a 9 (VF/NM 9.0) (they still haven't made the definitive Godzilla movie) and "Son Of Godzilla" loggin a 3 (G/VG 3.0) I give "Destroy All Monsters" a 6 (a FINE 6.0 with minor to moderate corner and edge wear).

:roflmao: Great review of an all time favorite!! Loved the brunch/buffet analogy, pretty accurate. I still think the flick is at least a 6.5!! :sumo:

If you want to go one step in the wrong direction with Rowdy Roddy, get his classic bad movie " HELL COMES TO FROGTOWN". Its horrible. I personally like the bad ( good ) sci-fi movies. Some of the worst there is "PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE, ROBOT MONSTER, and one of worst peices of trash ever concieved, in which to soundtrack fell off a boat in lake Taho, and most of the movie is narrated, "CREEPING TERROR". There are so many --ck ups in this movie you cant count. But they just kept rolling the camera due to a $5.00 budget. A carpet monster that can move about 1/2 mile an hour, but can still catch everyone. There are so many bad ( but good ) movies out there its hard to remember them all. I think ill make a list and post it later.

DRX

lol

I don't know what you are smoking, but please - pass the pipe!!

N.B. Post 1,000!!! Onward!!!!

Japanese rubber films just inspire me (shrug)

:roflmao: Great review of an all time favorite!! Loved the brunch/buffet analogy, pretty accurate. I still think the flick is at least a 6.5!! :sumo:

On a good day when you've had to watch Godvilla vs. Mecha-Godzilla I'll give you that 6.5.

Cujobyte beat me to it...

SHOWGIRLS

Bad dialogue and -script but great eye candy. lol

Roadhouse was mentioned and should be on any Good/Bad movie list. Years from now, we'll look back on those fashions and realize the 70's wasn't the only "I can't believe I wore That" decade.

this movie looks awesome.

Two of my favorite movie quotes come from this movie.

1.. Lifes a b... and shes in heat.

2...I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick a.., and I am all out of bubble gum