• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,065 posts in this topic

Just back from CGC. This book has a small water stain on the top and bottom of the spine visible only on the back cover. The front cover, on the other hand, well...it's magnificent!

daring1.jpg

(worship)

Richard ... gasp ... that is an INCREDIBLE copy, man!!!

I had my restored copy out about 20 mins ago, and thought it looked nice, until I saw yours ... and realized what the reds are supposed to look like ... :tonofbricks:

wow. Your DARING's are making me crazy!!!

Well done!! :applause: Just a beautiful copy.

Thanks Ryan.

Waiting to get the others back is making me crazy!

Hoping to have some more to post in the next week or two. :wishluck:

Just back from CGC. This book has a small water stain on the top and bottom of the spine visible only on the back cover. The front cover, on the other hand, well...it's magnificent!

daring1.jpg

Is anyone buying the "water stain" story? Sir, that does not appear to be "water", just what were you doing with that Larson book? :baiting:

daring1.jpg

Is anyone buying the "water stain" story? Sir, that does not appear to be "water", just what were you doing with that Larson book? :baiting:

it was me.

Here are my Timelys (thumbs u

Classic Pulp-like Schomburg cover

MarvelMystery5CGC2.jpg

Classic Torch vs.Subby Battle Issue---this copy is a far cry from my former 3.0 copy doh!

Marvel_Mystery_9_fa2.jpg

Human_Torch__8_FC_My_Copy.jpg

Cool Schomburg parachute cover! (thumbs u

USA7FC.jpg

The BEST Cap cover! :cool:

allSelect1front.jpg

Love that whoppin' machine gun Cap! :sumo:

All_Select__2_FC.jpg

that really is one hell of a set of covers.

Thanks Billy. Just a "small" rep of your cool collection (thumbs u

daring1.jpg

Mr. B strikes again :headbang: Da Timely man (thumbs u

daring1.jpg

Thats a pretty book, a perfect example of a "buy the book not the #" I love those light stained 4.5/5.0 which look FN+ to VF, I would like to specialize in that kinda of collection.

Its amazing how Golden age artists were so able to make color and picture come to life. Many GA covers just seem to jump out at you and grab your soul. I still read many current comics and the art is great, in some ways better on some books, but it doesn't captivate like the GA masters did. Go to your local comic shop walk down the isle of new comics on Weds. and see how many comics just grab your eye and make you say I gottta have that book, be lucky if one does.

Now imagine being a 10yr old in 1940 and walking by the stands, how many covers would have made you stop and scrap up a dime to find a new world. Daring Mysterys, Batman 1, Marvel Mystery, More Fun's, Adventure Comics, Detective comics and the different Fox titles. I wonder if the size has anything to do with it, my favorite GA books always seem to be the Larger format of the early GA up till like 43/44 and 39-42 are usually all stunning.

Well enough of my drabble, nice book Richie.

And thank you PT for your nice mini run of grails...Great books and well done.

Paul

very well said schomby. (thumbs u

the GA covers really do grab your attention and seem to have more 'life' to them.

if only we had a time machine :cloud9:

B.

Borrow Bangzoom's

:signfunny:

A new addition from October...more of an Atlas, but close enough to call a Timely

mancomics1-1.jpg

Its a 6.0 CGC removed!

hey

bring this to ponscon, I want to read it

rick

the GA covers really do grab your attention and seem to have more 'life' to them.

B.

unbridled energy and vitality......Eye popping colors is part of what makes the Golden Age...uh....well "Golden"

B.

unbridled energy and vitality......Eye popping colors is part of what makes the Golden Age...uh....well "Golden"

Is that because there was no gloss on the books back then? No "gimmicks" or sparkle....it was all about artwork and talent.

(shrug)

R.