• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

mm64.jpg
:o

I like how you can see the broken remains of a stretcher under the spiked roller! (thumbs u

I like how you can see the broken remains of a stretcher under the spiked roller! (thumbs u

WOW! I never noticed that.

I'm a precode horror guy -- we notice the important stuff! :insane:

That's what happens when you read a comic.

:baiting:

The problem was I spent so much time with my nose in the comic I never noticed the cover.

Besides, all those darn Timely covers look the same... :insane:

The problem was I spent so much time with my nose in the comic I never noticed the cover.

Besides, all those darn Timely covers look the same... :insane:

Yup, hi grade comics are nose candy.

You know, Louise actually gets dizzy looking at a Schomburg Timely cover.

lol

A box came in from CGC, full of Timely goodness!

First up...

daring5.jpg

I soiled myself. :headbang:

Killer book Richard. I could look at this cover all day.

Simply a lovely book!!!! (worship)

I Really enjoy short runs like this, Certainly tough enough to complete (especially in high grade like this Larson), but easier for me than MMC!!!

First up...

daring5.jpg

Richard, you have won me over. I used to not care too much for Daring Mystery, thanks to your copies I am now fan (worship)

That is one BEAUTIFUL book .. :cloud9: SIgh, must stop...can't contnue being a complete comicaholic...or can, I? hm

A handful of Marvels...

mm37.jpg

and with white pages no less; my geek's got some funny books.

and i don't think that book has a stamp on the back. don't think i ever knew this was the 'frisco.

if you don't like that....

cap39.jpg

Wow. Don't mind me, folks, I'm just having a little moment here.

Richard, I used to own that book. That exact copy! I got it from Dave Smith of Fantasy Illustrated 20+ years ago. I walked into his shop in Garden Grove, saw that book in his glass case, and immediately had to have it. I didn't have any extra cash at the time, so we worked out a trade. I gave him a stack of stuff, can't remember what exactly, but one of the books was an 8.0ish copy of Adventure #267, the second Legion appearance.

That Cap 39 was the first Timely I ever purchased, and probably the first time I'd ever seen a Schomburg cover. I had it for years, then either sold it or traded it in the 90s when I was going after Action Mile Highs.

It's amazing to see it again. If you ever upgrade, please let me know. I'd be happy to take it off your hands at whatever price you think is fair.

You blew me away. I'm actually verklempt over a comic book! :cloud9:

A handful of Marvels...

mm37.jpg

and with white pages no less; my geek's got some funny books.

and i don't think that book has a stamp on the back. don't think i ever knew this was the 'frisco.

if you don't like that....

issue 37 is top 5 for me, in the entire run! I LOVE it

First up...

daring5.jpg

Even with a few borrowed elements like the head wings, that's certainly a unique costume.

Gray with red and yellow accents? Surely the only supersuit EVER with that color scheme. Who else used gray (besides Hulk in #1)?

Jack