• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

I just picked these up from Metro last week. I've been looking for these puppies for quite a long time. John Severin was really one of the best artist of the 50's - no question.

Bill

#3 is a Bethlehem copy - just in time for Christmas!

SGTBB_01a.jpgSGTBB_03a.jpg

those are too sweet, never seen either cover (or heard of the title)

Thanks! Sgt. Barney Barker was Atlas' take on Sgt. Bilko - humorous army stories. Altas could always be counted on for hopping on a new bandwagon. However, the stories are genuinely funny and the Severin artwork is just outstanding. In my opinion, Severin was one of the greatest unsung artists of the 50s.

Also, Sgt. Barker was based on Stan Lee - you can see he even looks like a much younger Stan.

Bill

How exactly do you put these impossible runs together overnight?? You must have an underground network or something.

his runs took off like wildfire once that legalized gay prostitution bill went thru the florida legislature.

How exactly do you put these impossible runs together overnight?? You must have an underground network or something.

his runs took off like wildfire once that legalized gay prostitution bill went thru the florida legislature.

lol got to give it to parker, he is "snappy"

lol got to give it to parker, he is "snappy"

I think that is what Parker is saying, you give it up to easy!! doh!

So I can't wait, I have to premature post. Just inked this deal out last night!!! Should be in my hands around new years day or so!!!

Nice replacement to my 7.0 SA restored copy I sold!

HumanTorch12fc.jpg

:o

OK, there's no way I can compete with the two previous books, but here are my new additions. Thanks to D27K for helping me get my Timely collection realigned to the Marvel Mystery run I started out to collect. This is a very nice looking 2.0 and one of my favorite MMC covers :)

49372-vccdec077.jpg.052f8e21fa8ae0151a8a8d9d06371929.jpg

And, I know this isn't a MMC, but it's pretty cool anyway.

yep, that cap was sooo cool...I accidentally bought 2 of them...same grade, same price...steve was kind enough to trade me out of them!

thanks

gator

So I can't wait, I have to premature post. Just inked this deal out last night!!! Should be in my hands around new years day or so!!!

Nice replacement to my 7.0 SA restored copy I sold!

HumanTorch12fc.jpg

i better be seeing that bad boy in February.

Another cool war cover

Steve,

I like the MMC 26 as well, great cover! I don't think I have ever seen the other, love the gorry blood, and spiked steam roller! Classic! Nice books, and thanks for the deal. (thumbs u

is that golly in japanese accent?