• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

Those are three killer Bill Everett comics! cloud9.gif

Adam - Everett is why I started collecting golden age. Invaders 21 with its reprint to MC 1 opened my eyes to golden Everett art.

Paul - its a 1.8, brittle pages killed the grade, but I still love it.

Got these in the mail over the last week. Thanks to Dino for the MM4.

mm4.jpg

namora1.jpg

sub33cgc6.jpg

Way to go, Pod. Marvel 4 is especially tough, and what a cool cover!

Adam - Everett is why I started collecting golden age. Invaders 21 with its reprint to MC 1 opened my eyes to golden Everett art.

Paul - its a 1.8, brittle pages killed the grade, but I still love it.

Vern, I don't care what CGC says that book looks great. I would take a 1.8 with that eye appeal anyday! I have noticed CGC and PGX are extremely hard on Page quality as of late, book looks VG ish. I suppose long term page quality is going to be the biggest factor in the GA market. You can't reverse it no matter how hard you try or how you store it. thumbsup2.gif

Adam - Everett is why I started collecting golden age.

Pod, I am a huge Houston Astros fan! And it is so thrilling to me that their shortstop is the reason you started collecting golden age! Sports and Funny-books...they go hand-in-hand!

Timley sort of (reprint). Selling of my BA stuff in exchange for GA stuff like this has been great.

Cap67CAD.jpg

Congrats on this rare book, Peter....Highest Graded Copy! 893applaud-thumb.gif Superior reprinted this less than 3 months after its Timely counterpart:

12091006416o.jpg

Wonder if the color palatte was different...or is this a result of fading? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I guess someone has to find another one to find out...

Dino

Timley sort of (reprint). Selling of my BA stuff in exchange for GA stuff like this has been great.

Cap67CAD.jpg

Congrats on this rare book, Peter....Highest Graded Copy! 893applaud-thumb.gif Superior reprinted this less than 3 months after its Timely counterpart:

12091006416o.jpg

Wonder if the color palatte was different...or is this a result of fading? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I guess someone has to find another one to find out...

Dino

Here is another to compare to, non altered scan. Just a pic with a 10.5 mega pix Cannon.

Cap67.jpg

Real nice book Peter! congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Thank you guys, its the only graded copy actually and I'm just such a nut for these rare Canadian copies. I think this one is just faded and probably the only copy I have ever seen, maybe one more?

My bet is just super cheap printing. I've seen other fairly pathetic looking copies from Superior that were in fact very fresh, just printed without ink.

Thank you guys, its the only graded copy actually and I'm just such a nut for these rare Canadian copies. I think this one is just faded and probably the only copy I have ever seen, maybe one more?

My bet is just super cheap printing. I've seen other fairly pathetic looking copies from Superior that were in fact very fresh, just printed without ink.

NO arguement about the quality of Superior's printing but I do own a few copies thta are pretty nice. Bell stuff that I own is slightly better:

MM92Cadraw.jpg

Well I miss my high grade BA stuff even less now grin.gif This is a nice tradeoff:

MC267m.jpg

It's sooooo much easier to sell a book when you know what book it is that you'll then be able to pick up!

That's a superb Sub-mariner cover, SilverSurfer!

Well I miss my high grade BA stuff even less now grin.gif This is a nice tradeoff:

MC267m.jpg

I'll take this over a BA collection any day! Gorgeous, simply gorgeous hail.gif

Angelo

I will flash you a real nice BA for your MMC 26! poke2.gif