• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

The fact this is an OO copy makes this even more spectacular. Can you share any details with us?

Sure!

grade: approx 7.0 F/VF

sellers name: now it is Steve Meyer!

price: orginallly .10

date of sale: ?

sale venue: ?

pedigree: nope

slabbing?: of course

keeper? : for sale to gator smile.gif

devil.gif

smile.gif

Nice book & cool cover 143ksk. thumbsup2.gif I've noticed you've picked up several Marvel Mysteries lately. Are you going for an entire run or have you narrowed your focus to particular issues or themes?

Steve,

If you like 2-66, it is hard to not go for the rest of the run. There really isn't a bad issue. My first Marvel Mystery was #72 and that led to.....well you can imagine!

So welcome to the Timely fold!

Richard

Steve,

If you like 2-66, it is hard to not go for the rest of the run. There really isn't a bad issue. My first Marvel Mystery was #72 and that led to.....well you can imagine!

Yes we can, but most of us would prefer not to. poke2.gif

Steve,

I will fill in the blanks (didn't want to, but you made me). From Marvel 72, I immediately sank to the lowest levels of depravity. In the simplest terms, all hell broke loose for me. The term budget lost all meaning. Money was no object. Food, clothing, and rent was sacrificed in the hunt for TIMELY. While I made my living in a cardboard box, I was scouting out my next acquisition. Family, friends and loved ones were all kicked to the curb as my single minded pursuit of the all powerful funny-book become the defining focus of a wasted soul. Fortunately, I had enough where-with-all and presence of mind to fill the holes in my collection before having to resort to degrading acts (what is degrading when one runs a comic book store?).

I am now on semi-level footing and progressing slowly with my return to sanity. TIMELY..............

Steve,

I will fill in the blanks (didn't want to, but you made me). From Marvel 72, I immediately sank to the lowest levels of depravity. In the simplest terms, all hell broke loose for me. The term budget lost all meaning. Money was no object. Food, clothing, and rent was sacrificed in the hunt for TIMELY. While I made my living in a cardboard box, I was scouting out my next acquisition. Family, friends and loved ones were all kicked to the curb as my single minded pursuit of the all powerful funny-book become the defining focus of a wasted soul. Fortunately, I had enough where-with-all and presence of mind to fill the holes in my collection before having to resort to degrading acts (what is degrading when one runs a comic book store?).

I am now on semi-level footing and progressing slowly with my return to sanity. TIMELY..............

wow, beddy just summed up the story of my life (well, at least the last few years)

gator

Steve,

Richard

the first marvel mystery of MrBedrock?????????? you must really treasure that one. it would take a truly, truly, truly, truly [did i mention "truly?"] great collector to get that one out of your grasp. i doubt such a collector exists.

Steve,

Richard

the first marvel mystery of MrBedrock?????????? you must really treasure that one. it would take a truly, truly, truly, truly [did i mention "truly?"] great collector to get that one out of your grasp. i doubt such a collector exists.

Someone with great wisdom once said that all collectors are just curators. We can't keep things forever. So a truly great collector with great wisdom, which comes with incredible age, is now the curator of my prized Marvel Mystery 72. And I know this truly great collector handles it with great care.

I have seen it laid out on his floor amoungst ALL the other Marvel Mystery Comics.

And my prized Marvel Mystery 72 looks truly happy!

Someone with great wisdom once said that all collectors are just curators. We can't keep things forever. So a truly great collector with great wisdom, which comes with incredible age, is now the curator of my prized Marvel Mystery 72. And I know this truly great collector handles it with great care.

I have seen it laid out on his floor amoungst ALL the other Marvel Mystery Comics.

I thought I heard it grinding its teeth. gossip.gif

I thought I heard it grinding its teeth. gossip.gif

It had a little overbite. It always grinds its teeth when it is happy!

(what is degrading when one runs a comic book store?)

That belongs on a T-shirt. 27_laughing.gif

You know, that question has been stuck in my mind since last night when I first read it, and honestly, I can't fathom an answer.... confused-smiley-013.gif

1824742-VCC2134.jpg

hello all...

a HUGE kudos to 143ksk....he has most graciously decided to let this bad boy enter my neighborhood (one more closer to completion!)....great karma (and a few drinks) is what it is all about ! woo hoo!

thanks!

gator