• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

A couple of things I posted in the Memorial Day thread. Now they are here in their rightful place.....

mmannual.jpg

Got this a few years back indirectly from Neat Stuff. It is missing some paper on the spine only. While technically it may not grade as high, I think it is the prettiest copy I have seen.

A couple of things I posted in the Memorial Day thread. Now they are here in their rightful place.....

mmannual.jpg

Got this a few years back indirectly from Neat Stuff. It is missing some paper on the spine only. While technically it may not grade as high, I think it is the prettiest copy I have seen.

nice...unlikely I will ever own a copy frown.gif

gator

mmannual.jpg

Richard with all you great books for me this is in the top 3 and yes its by far the best copy I have ever seen. Do you have the Cap annual?

I don't have the Captain America Annual. Everyone I have seen has a lot of resto work or is incomplete. As far as I can tell, the contents are the same as the Marvel. Just a different cover. Both have a Captain America and a Marvel Mystery issue reprinted in b&w. I wasn't looking for either, but this kinda fell in my lap. A friend called from a show a few years back and said Michael at Neat Stuff had this for sale and that it looked great. The price was right so I bought it unseen figuring I could flip it if I didn't like it. Needless to say, I still have it. There was a copy in the Heritage auction last Sept. that went for around 25K that had writing all over the cover, but was graded 4.0 or so. Kind of a stunning amount. And didn't a Cap Annual with no back cover or last page sell for an astronomical amount?

I think a Cap annual with 3 pages missing, back cover, etc still went for $4,500-$5,500 or something like that. I thought about chasing it but that's a lot of cake for an incomplete book. I think there is a variant version of the MMC annual, can't recall what the slight difference is but your copy is just amazing looking.

Thanks, Surfer. I would post a scan of the back cover, but it has nothing on it inside or out. Just white.

an "issue" at the bottom of the spine/back cover, but overall a pretty nice unrestored off-white paged book

1811406-marvel19front281.JPG

Steve,

You need to sell this nice book to one of these Timely guys who will truly appreciate it.

Richard

an "issue" at the bottom of the spine/back cover, but overall a pretty nice unrestored off-white paged book

1811406-marvel19front281.JPG

Steve,

You need to sell this nice book to one of these Timely guys who will truly appreciate it.

Richard

OK...I'm a DC guy who "stumbled" across this one.....what do you think she's worth to the die hard Timely guys ??????

OK...I'm a DC guy who "stumbled" across this one.....what do you think she's worth to the die hard Timely guys ??????

Is that how it got damaged at the bottom of the spine? is it about a vgf? I would still think it would go for around fine price. Maybe a little less. Maybe more if it is nicer. How is that for covering my bases?

hello all...

just so happens, my MMC 19 is coming back undisclosed restored from cgc (I think it was a raw ebay purchase, have to look it up)

Marvel Mystery Comics 19 5/41 Timely Comics Apparent SP 2.5

...so, I am in the market for an unrestored copy...

rick

hello all...

just so happens, my MMC 19 is coming back undisclosed restored from cgc (I think it was a raw ebay purchase, have to look it up)

rick

Consider it done my friend thumbsup2.gif ......I am going to send it to CGC, and then we can price it properly / know for sure what we're dealing with.(mostly verification of no resto..Rick and I are sitting at the grown-ups table with regards to grading and PQ assessment). Another Boards success story in the making, as I did not know Rick prior to joining.

Steve

hello all...

rick

Consider it done my friend thumbsup2.gif ......I am going to send it to CGC, and then we can price it properly / know for sure what we're dealing with.(mostly verification of no resto..Rick and I are sitting at the grown-ups table with regards to grading and PQ assessment). Another Boards success story in the making, as I did not know Rick prior to joining.

Steve

yay.gif

yay.gif

SMC18LJFC.jpg

woo hoo....a green timely cover, gotta love it!

rick

you don't have a green one yet, do you? there aren't many.

nope...ain't none in MMC that I am aware of...not sure it there are any in Cap (that is next)...won't hit subby till 2009...

gator