• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,095 posts in this topic

My first Timely. Didn't break the bank and happy with the results. 1st one under my belt (GA books #2 and #3 on the way soon)

Thanks for all your advice everyone.

mmc78.jpg

mmc78back.jpg

you've caught the bug, and may you never recover.

I can attest to that!

an "issue" at the bottom of the spine/back cover, but overall a pretty nice unrestored off-white paged book

1811406-marvel19front281.JPG

Steve,

You need to sell this nice book to one of these Timely guys who will truly appreciate it.

Richard

I am....and here's the back cover. The book is at CGC right now......what grade do you guys think they will give it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif This one is throwing me a bit.....I can usually hit the nail on the head, but my prediction hammer is pretty wobbly on this one tongue.gif.

I'll post the results next week, and we can see who got it right

1839372-marvel19back282.JPG

Sorry Rick....I don't think this is the book for you.

Hey Timely guys.....interested? You see Rick said his "sweet spot" for books is 5.0. Since this copy was graded today at 6.0.......I guess it's not what Rick is looking for frown.gif

Universal / cream to off-white / label notes: "full page ad for Sub-Mariner Comics #1."

...guess it's back to the drawing board for me as a seller.....Hey Mr.Bedrock, think we can work something out? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve

an "issue" at the bottom of the spine/back cover, but overall a pretty nice unrestored off-white paged book

Steve,

You need to sell this nice book to one of these Timely guys who will truly appreciate it.

Richard

I am....and here's the back cover. The book is at CGC right now......what grade do you guys think they will give it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif This one is throwing me a bit.....I can usually hit the nail on the head, but my prediction hammer is pretty wobbly on this one tongue.gif.

Hey Timely guys.....interested? You see Rick said his "sweet spot" for books is 5.0. Since this copy was graded today at 6.0.......I guess it's not what Rick is looking for frown.gif

Universal / cream to off-white / label notes: "full page ad for Sub-Mariner Comics #1."

...guess it's back to the drawing board for me as a seller.....Hey Mr.Bedrock, think we can work something out? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Steve

ok, I'll make an exception and take the 6.0!

nice

rick

Steve/Rick I'm happy for you guys because a 6.0 sounds like a bit of bonus given the defects. I think its official, the recent grading inconsistencies and how they treat certain deficiencies more harshly than offers is just wacked. screwy.gif I'm going to resub my Human Torch #12. sumo.gif I get slammed for minor bug chew and a stain I can't even see but if you have a rip through 8 wraps including the cover and its grades out the same.

Edited by Silver Surfer

Steve,

Richard

Steve

ok, I'll make an exception and take the 6.0!

nice

rick

thumbsup2.gif.......Sweet!

I've got a few

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

...ahhhhh, I see this is your 1st post 86Celtics, and it was in the Timely thread mentioning you have several MMC's....very interesting 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.....and you didn't get yourself in trouble like I did lasy year! (long story)

Welcome to the Boards! hi.gif

What do you collect? What are you looking for? How many years have you been one of us?

We need some details please flowerred.gif ( and it won't be long before we start bugging you to post some juicy pics! wink.gif)

Steve

I've got a few

...ahhhhh, I see this is your 1st post 86Celtics, and it was in the Timely thread mentioning you have several MMC's....very interesting 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.....and you didn't get yourself in trouble like I did lasy year! (long story)

What do you collect? What are you looking for? How many years have you been one of us?

We need some details please flowerred.gif ( and it won't be long before we start bugging you to post some juicy pics! wink.gif)

Steve

You can already see some of his comics on YouTube. hi.gif

I've got a few

Steve

You can already see some of his comics on YouTube. hi.gif

Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

this OO, unrestored high grade glossy gem just came in today --- front cover scan taken by the seller previously posted. I am very happy to report that the book is MUCH nicer than the scan suggested yay.gifheadbang.gifacclaim.gif

1846146-ht1.jpg

1846146-ht1002.jpg

1846146-ht1003.jpg

Steve

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

this OO, unrestored high grade glossy gem just came in today --- front cover scan taken by the seller previously posted. I am very happy to report that the book is MUCH nicer than the scan suggested yay.gifheadbang.gifacclaim.gif

Steve, are you printing those comics in your basement?

It's beautiful!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well, its not high grade, and it is restored, but it is still an awesome book. Courtesy of Filter81, who was a pleasure to deal with.

1846043-DARING1_post.jpg

Where can I buy a ride like that?

Would it come with the girl or would she be extra? tongue.gif