• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,072 posts in this topic

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

this OO, unrestored high grade glossy gem just came in today --- front cover scan taken by the seller previously posted. I am very happy to report that the book is MUCH nicer than the scan suggested yay.gifheadbang.gifacclaim.gif

Steve, are you printing those comics in your basement?

It's beautiful!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nahhhh.....I've been sneaking in your basement window....the 2nd one to the left of your deck. You should lock that thing! makepoint.gif

Well, its not high grade, and it is restored, but it is still an awesome book.

1846043-DARING1_post.jpg

Based on the edge view, paper quality looks great too - nice score, Ryan! (I've always liked that cover a lot).

Courtesy of Filter81, who was a pleasure to deal with.

'Tis true - Adam's star is surely going to ascend higher and higher in the hobby in the coming years.

STEVE

1846146-ht1.jpg

1846146-ht1002.jpg

Steve, are you printing those comics in your basement?

It's beautiful!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nahhhh.....I've been sneaking in your basement window....the 2nd one to the left of your deck. You should lock that thing! makepoint.gif

You found THAT comic there?

That room is supposed to be used only to store items of lesser quality.

There apparently has been a serious lapse in procedure here.

It's time for another re-evaluation of all the interns. foreheadslap.gif

news.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gifnews.gif

this OO, unrestored high grade glossy gem just came in today --- front cover scan taken by the seller previously posted. I am very happy to report that the book is MUCH nicer than the scan suggested yay.gifheadbang.gifacclaim.gif

1846146-ht1.jpg

1846146-ht1002.jpg

1846146-ht1003.jpg

Steve

What a nice book! I'm really impressed!

This wasn't one of the Trolleys was it?

-Rob-

Well, its not high grade, and it is restored, but it is still an awesome book.

1846043-DARING1_post.jpg

Based on the edge view, paper quality looks great too - nice score, Ryan! (I've always liked that cover a lot).

Ryan- Classic timely! Congrats! As I have said before, never 'apologized' for a book like this as to grade or restoration.....we aint talking about Ironfist 14 here....jon

1846043-DARING1_post.jpg

Ryan- Classic timely! Congrats! As I have said before, never 'apologized' for a book like this as to grade or restoration.....we aint talking about Ironfist 14 here....jon

Thanks for the comments, folks!

Yes, Steve, the paper quality is quite nice... a few chips off the bottom, but overall, for an early Timely like this, I'll take it!

It is one of my fav Timely covers, and considering its from the same month as MARVEL #3, it doesn't get much earlier than this!! (a bit older than Ironfist 14 as Jon pointed out... resto work is the only way I could afford a book this rare in this shape... BTW, Filter81 was very helpful in providing scans showing me the extent of the resto work on this slabbed book)

I was comparing it to other Timely's, like CAP #3, and even MARVEL #9, and its amazing how fast Timely/Marvel hit their stride... they went from Centaur-esque books (Funnies Inc. influence) like DARING #1, to the classic Timely formula very quickly!

I'm new to this so if my scan doesn't show up then I'll have to try again. Anyway, big gold/silver fan. Been collecting about four years but since I started making mortgage payments my addiction has slowed. Check out my stuff on youtube if you don't already know.

589a8b922543a_1849086-SubMariner8CGC8.0.jpg.1f349d171cd34189ffa9769a315c2f9c.jpg

I'm new to this so if my scan doesn't show up then I'll have to try again. Anyway, big gold/silver fan. Been collecting about four years but since I started making mortgage payments my addiction has slowed. Check out my stuff on youtube if you don't already know.

Glad to have you on the boards!! I got quite a kick out of your videos on youtube. Classic! grin.gif

Steve the spine on the back looks amazing. You have a gem on your hands, has it made its way to CGC yet?

Thanks!

It was sent out for grading today.....I originally thought it would be a 7.0 from the sellers scans, but now that it's in hand and I've objectively and thoroughly assessed it, I think 7.5 or MAYBE even 8.0 893crossfingers-thumb.gif is more realistic.

Drinks are on me for the entire Boards if I receive an 8.0 !!

Steve

Steve the spine on the back looks amazing. You have a gem on your hands, has it made its way to CGC yet?

Thanks!

It was sent out for grading today.....I originally thought it would be a 7.0 from the sellers scans, but now that it's in hand and I've objectively and thoroughly assessed it, I think 7.5 or MAYBE even 8.0 893crossfingers-thumb.gif is more realistic.

Steve

893crossfingers-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif Is there a slight spine roll? Either way its a gorgeous book and you should hang on to it.

Thanks!

Steve

Good luck Steve....I hoping for 8.5

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I like to be optimistic thumbsup2.gif