• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,063 posts in this topic

It was a monumental weekend for me. I took delivery of my Marvel Comics #1, my Marvel Mystery Comics #9 and also picked up the Lloyd Jacquet file copy of Marvel Mystery Comics #6 this weekend in Philly.

The Marvel #1 was a 25 year dream. Thanks to Bedrock for getting me addicted almost 3 years ago and taking my money ever since. He's a real gentleman. :grin:

I know you've seen these enough but allow me one more time. The weekend was a little surreal as I couldn't really enjoy each book individually. It was a lot of sensory overload. I'll try to get over it. :cool:

Also kudos to Rick for working with me on the #9.

Yes that's me holding the book of books with my bare hands and I'd have it no other way.

WWPhilly2009029.jpg

MarvelComics1frontcover.jpg

MarvelMysteryComics6LloydJacquet.jpg

MarvelMysteryComics9CGC5_0.jpg

It was a monumental weekend for me. I took delivery of my Marvel Comics #1, my Marvel Mystery Comics #9 and also picked up the Lloyd Jacquet file copy of Marvel Mystery Comics #6 this weekend in Philly.

The Marvel #1 was a 25 year dream. Thanks to Bedrock for getting me addicted almost 3 years ago and taking my money ever since. He's a real gentleman. :grin:

I know you've seen these enough but allow me one more time. The weekend was a little surreal as I couldn't really enjoy each book individually. It was a lot of sensory overload. I'll try to get over it. :cool:

Yes that's me holding the book of books with my bare hands and I'd have it no other way.

WWPhilly2009029.jpg

Congrats Roy! Glad you finally have them all in hand (thumbs u

What was the grade on the Marvel 1 again?

Congrats again, Roy! Glad we hooked up at Philly... and great seeing those spectacular GA treasures in person! :applause:

I'm very happy for you Roy! You have some real treasures, I'm very jealous :o :o (worship) (worship)

Vern

WWPhilly2009029.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Did you kick Lou out of the bed to make room for these?

What a group Roy. Your 25 year dream of MARVEL #1 has been my 25 year dream as well... so I know how you must feel up until the point where you actually GOT your MARVEL #1... from there on, you are in a different class! (worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

Late congrats on your MPFW #1 too ... man, you are doing Canadian collectors proud!

Beautiful books - congratulations! :golfclap:

Thanks gang. I'm pretty excited as it was a lot of hard work to acquire them.

Dan, no Lou got to spend our first nite together with the book. Doesn't get much better than that. :devil:

Vern, your collection is vast and I'm envious. These books have forced me to wittle down my collection to a small selection of books.

Ben, the grade is never high enough for me. :grin: Seriously the book is heavily restored but it's all that I could afford at the time. The book shows like a Fine range or higher.

Dino, good to hook up.

Peter, you will again one day.

Ryan, I know that you appreciate this book!

Thanks gang!

WWPhilly2009029.jpg

Congrats Roy. They are beauties. (worship)

Thanks to Bedrock for taking my money.

It was my pleasure, Roy (thumbs u

WWPhilly2009029.jpg

who says they don't have geeks in canada?? way to go, you big geek.