• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,076 posts in this topic

beautiful stuff, dm----great copies, each.

:cloud9: Thanks, guys! This has been a great year so far, and I've been fortunate in acquiring some very tasty grails for my collection. :insane:

BTW, it looks like I'll be making the sojourn to both DragonCon and NYCC. :whee:

Although I think that I've "manned-up" plenty this summer (thanks for that new aphorism to the comic lexicon, Mitch) who knows what unearthed treasures will tempt my wide-eyed lust at those shows.

*SIGH* It never ends, ...it never ends. (shrug)

Super Soldiers???

Since comics is my life :screwy:, I decided to go through the GPA and pick out all of the Timelys that sold in July of this year. I wanted to see what the SS collection consisted of before the curtain was raised. Below is a list of all the Timelys (I think I got them all) that sold in July of this year. They may not all be Super Soldiers, but this gives you an idea (if anybody is interested) of what was there. Anyone see any great deals? Isee several that I wish I could have jumped on before they got swooped up.

One interesting note...there were no Sub-Mariner comics listed (??) I did not list the ones that didn't sell and are still on Metro's site, but I think there is just one Subby there now. (ooops, it's gone).

Anyways...

SuperSoldier.jpg

The guy was clearly into Cap, although he did get some covers with just Human Torch. I think there were either zero or one Submariner issues.

Super Soldiers???

Since comics is my life :screwy:, I decided to go through the GPA and pick out all of the Timelys that sold in July of this year. I wanted to see what the SS collection consisted of before the curtain was raised. Below is a list of all the Timelys (I think I got them all) that sold in July of this year. They may not all be Super Soldiers, but this gives you an idea (if anybody is interested) of what was there. Anyone see any great deals? Isee several that I wish I could have jumped on before they got swooped up.

One interesting note...there were no Sub-Mariner comics listed (??) I did not list the ones that didn't sell and are still on Metro's site, but I think there is just one Subby there now. (ooops, it's gone).

Anyways...

SuperSoldier.jpg

:gossip: You missed the Cap #60 (7.5) from the Super Soldier collection; don't recall the price that was paid off the top of my head. :sorry:

There was also an All Winners #21 (9.0) sold in July, but that one wasn't sold by Metro.

Metropolis also sold a Cap #49 & #71 in June to the same :insane: Timely collector, but those weren't Super Soldier Collection books. :whistle: