• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
29 29

23,163 posts in this topic

On 7/4/2024 at 4:45 PM, Primetime said:

Although I don’t believe Schomburg meant any intentional sequence with the issue numbers being switched with #7/8, I have thought the sequence of #8 - #7 - #10 (in that order) told a story: Cap landing on the plane ✈️ wing to save Bucky (#8), the two of them parachuting 🪂 down (#7), and finally landing and kicking some butt on the Japanese 🇯🇵 ship (#10) - the “Schomburg Sequence”

@Ameri @Badger @GreatCaesarsGhost

IMG_7517.jpeg

I never noticed. It makes total sense 

On 7/6/2024 at 3:53 PM, batman_fan said:

Been a while since I landed a Timely.  I have been wanting a Submariner 1 for quite a while but seemed to always be outside my grasp.

This copy has issues for sure but colors are nice and staples aren't rusty!  Definitely water damage on that top edge.

IMG_6461.jpg

Congrats 🙌🏾

Your copy is better than my deep sea dip 😃💦🪽⛴️

30812F7C-D7DC-418E-B70E-46E8C554BB7F.jpeg

On 7/22/2024 at 3:12 PM, Dark Knight said:

Picked up yesterday at the Torpedo Con.  I'm loving the colors on this particular copy because the majority of the one I've seen don't have that bright red color surrounding the tire and on the cape. Most are pretty much oranged out.

Marvel Mystery Comics #2 CGC 2.0.jpg

Yes, Brian, you been researching well 😝 

On 7/21/2024 at 7:18 PM, Primetime said:

Tonight’s entertainment: 

Glass Tube Goodness 🧪 👀❣️

(pardon the pulp insert

IMG_7810.jpeg

The pulp insert is PERFECT!!! They feature the original Marvel logo, with the tippy little R!!! It would TOTALLY tip over if it stood alone!!!  :tieddowngif: Oh, perhaps a subset pictured below: Toro's Torpedo Tube Trouble?  :Rocket:

Marvel Mystery Comics 22.jpg