• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,099 posts in this topic

That's a sweet book! I plan to travel to Montgomery Thursday to buy my first Timely (Cap 66). What kills me is that he has #1, but that one is waaaay out of my league. Hopefully I'll be able to post a pic tomorrow.

That's a sweet book! I plan to travel to Montgomery Thursday to buy my first Timely (Cap 66). What kills me is that he has #1, but that one is waaaay out of my league. Hopefully I'll be able to post a pic tomorrow.

Another Timely Collector! Soon we will rule the World!!!!!!!!

(Good luck on your trip and purchase!)

Edited by MrBedrock

still waiting on my AF15 email? popcorn.gif

Thanks, I actually own a horrible beater copy of Cap 53, but I don't really count that one. (It was a dollar, so why not?) I think the 66 is a cgc 6, big improvement from the other book! grin.gif

still waiting on my AF15 email? popcorn.gif

I am still waiting for my premonition to come true

mmc9.jpg

right about the grade I figured...in the lower good range....

gator

Rick sell me this book, it looks awful, detached cover and all is not worthy of a collector of your stature. shy.gif

I am actually debating (gasp!) having Matt restore it....it is a perfect candidate...but, to be honest, it presents extremely well for the grade, so I am on the fence this time...

gator

Don't restore, sell. smile.gif $2,500 plus Cap #3. poke2.gif

sorry to say, even that 1.8 cost me more than the above sorry.gif

Wow, you over paid, Surfer's Cap 3 is a 9.6 highest graded....you over paid grin.gif27_laughing.gif

well, if a 9.6 is on the table, that would be an easy one wink.gif...a 4.0, eh...

Don't restore, sell. smile.gif $2,500 plus Cap #3. poke2.gif

sorry to say, even that 1.8 cost me more than the above sorry.gif

Wow, you over paid, Surfer's Cap 3 is a 9.6 highest graded....you over paid grin.gif27_laughing.gif

well, if a 9.6 is on the table, that would be an easy one wink.gif...a 4.0, eh...

Oh busted, Magic marker 9.6...oh no that was a grass roots collectable 9.6 27_laughing.gif

What do you think the average price is for a MMC 9 in G 2.0 and VG 4.0 universal blue on both? I am curious for my self, as it is a book I would love to own.

Paul

I think this is at least a 2.5x guide book....putting a 1.8-2.0 at $6K + and a 3.5-4.0 at $12-$14k+ or so...

gator

I have a questions for you guys. I was looking at that pretty MMC #32 on Metro's site. Who is the cover artist? I don't think it's Schromburg, but who? Cool cover and a nice looking copy I thought. I'm kinda of scared to even call and ask what the price would be. Do you think it would go for over $3000? That's a book I don't see very often. VF/NM? confused-smiley-013.gif