• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,102 posts in this topic

I have a questions for you guys. I was looking at that pretty MMC #32 on Metro's site. Who is the cover artist? I don't think it's Schromburg, but who? Cool cover and a nice looking copy I thought. I'm kinda of scared to even call and ask what the price would be. Do you think it would go for over $3000? That's a book I don't see very often. VF/NM? confused-smiley-013.gif

If a true 9.0 it could easily sell for more than $3000, but feel Metro over grades on many of these books, but that is just my own observation from perusing their web site. They have serveral books I would like to own, but price and condition(or at least stated condition vs. the way the present in scan) have made me slow or not able to pull the trigger. I would prefer to buy a CGC book at that level, just to protect my arse!

I have a questions for you guys. I was looking at that pretty MMC #32 on Metro's site. Who is the cover artist? I don't think it's Schromburg, but who?

As per AtlasTales, it's by Al Gabriele. He also did issues # 30 and 31.

I have a questions for you guys. I was looking at that pretty MMC #32 on Metro's site. Who is the cover artist? I don't think it's Schromburg, but who? Cool cover and a nice looking copy I thought. I'm kinda of scared to even call and ask what the price would be. Do you think it would go for over $3000? That's a book I don't see very often. VF/NM? confused-smiley-013.gif

If a true 9.0 it could easily sell for more than $3000, but feel Metro over grades on many of these books, but that is just my own observation from perusing their web site. They have serveral books I would like to own, but price and condition(or at least stated condition vs. the way the present in scan) have made me slow or not able to pull the trigger. I would prefer to buy a CGC book at that level, just to protect my arse!

Thanks for the info. It is still a very pretty book, just not sure it's a 9.0, but I do like that cover. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks for the info. It is still a very pretty book, just not sure it's a 9.0, but I do like that cover. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

rahigh, you are very prescient--this is a fairly rare book. i was ruthlessly beaten out of my beautiful copy of this book years ago by some guy with a trade offer i couldn't/didn't refuse--i replaced it immediately with a beater as i had the run almost complete and couldn't have the hole. it took me FOREVER to upgrade to a fine'ish type book, which i've had just a few months.

And one seen even less.......

comedy10.jpg

if you keep bragging about these comedys, you'll force me to post my #11---you don't want that, do you?

if you keep bragging about these comedys, you'll force me to post my #11---you don't want that, do you?

Yes, please do. Complete the set!

rahigh, you are very prescient--this is a fairly rare book. i was ruthlessly beaten out of my beautiful copy of this book years ago by some guy with a trade offer i couldn't/didn't refuse--i replaced it immediately with a beater as i had the run almost complete and couldn't have the hole. it took me FOREVER to upgrade to a fine'ish type book, which i've had just a few months.

And I am forever grateful! Billy, you're the best! thumbsup2.gif

are you remembering mine correctly? even if it's posted, the set will still be incomplete.

are you remembering mine correctly? even if it's posted, the set will still be incomplete.

I half way remember it, but half of me says it would still be a complete set. The other half says no. Post it and maybe someone can fill in the blank.

mmc9.jpg

right about the grade I figured...in the lower good range....

gator

Rick sell me this book, it looks awful, detached cover and all is not worthy of a collector of your stature. shy.gif

I am actually debating (gasp!) having Matt restore it....it is a perfect candidate...but, to be honest, it presents extremely well for the grade, so I am on the fence this time...

gator

Keep it BLUE LABEL Rick thumbsup2.gif

Already offered Metro $3,000 but they were looking for more. frown.gif

Already offered Metro $3,000 but they were looking for more. frown.gif

A very tough issue to find in high grade. Book looks amazing in person.

MAR2.898aOPT.jpg

Stephen I just emailed Frank with another offer. shy.gif What is guide for this book?

What is this "guide" you are talking about?

S

Just trying to figure out how many times OS Guide you guys are looking for. wink.gif Raised my intial offer a good amount. tongue.gif

Stephen I just emailed Frank with another offer. shy.gif What is guide for this book?

S

Just trying to figure out how many times OS Guide you guys are looking for. wink.gif Raised my intial offer a good amount. tongue.gif

Let Stephen be your guide!

S

Let Stephen be your guide!

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif One more offer made, I have a feeling I'm about to be schooled. insane.gif

That is a beautiful copy. And, as Stephen says, one of the tougher numbers.