• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

I do not keep up with what has been posted here but here are some Timelys (The cap has a tremendous double page splash....)

jb...can you post your cap 1 and marvel 1 :wishluck:

My Cap 1 is on loan at the Montclair Museum Exhibition.....

Yowzaaa!!! Nice book JB! Outstanding! Whats the 411 on your copy? Its very pretty.

Paul

Bone white pages (unusual for Timelys)...supple, bright, BUT (and you knew there would be a "but"), the upper left corner a triangular piece removed with a small pieces in first four pages, probably by the newsstand when opening the bundle with a razor. Piece of cover is 'married". first four pages fixed (not in artwork) Work done by Bill Sarrill in (gulp) 1983. A glorious book which I am quite content with.

Jon

I do not keep up with what has been posted here but here are some Timelys (The cap has a tremendous double page splash....)

jb...can you post your cap 1 and marvel 1 :wishluck:

My Cap 1 is on loan at the Montclair Museum Exhibition.....

Yowzaaa!!! Nice book JB! Outstanding! Whats the 411 on your copy? Its very pretty.

Paul

Bone white pages (unusual for Timelys)...supple, bright, BUT (and you knew there would be a "but"), the upper left corner a triangular piece removed with a small pieces in first four pages, probably by the newsstand when opening the bundle with a razor. Piece of cover is 'married". first four pages fixed (not in artwork) Work done by Bill Sarrill in (gulp) 1983. A glorious book which I am quite content with.

Jon

wow, bone white pages are WONDERFUL, especially on timelys!

gator

gator

when my geeks and i are pulling out books, and the talk turns to timelys with white pages, i always pull out cap 68. here's the book, and it's nice enuff, but the pages! i do love 'em.

cap68a.jpg

cap68b.jpg

gator

when my geeks and i are pulling out books, and the talk turns to timelys with white pages, i always pull out cap 68. here's the book, and it's nice enuff, but the pages! i do love 'em.

cap68a.jpg

cap68b.jpg

I remember that one...

:cloud9:

gator

cap68a.jpg

cap68b.jpg

I remember that one...

:cloud9:

I think he changed the HUE! :jokealert:

With out further Delay....My MMC from Bedrock!!! IN HAND

MMC3NM.jpgMMC3BKNM.jpg

A HEARTY congrats Mr. S! Thats a beautiful copy ... would LOVE to see a few interior splash shots... :hi:

Sub-mariner maybe? Those early Everett Sub-mariners are the BOMB!!

what's the resto status? slight? none? it looks like a real beauty to me! :applause:

I am not sure, I know it has some, but I think just a few very small fill pieces, and the CT to match, clean job?? My guess Minor/Mod PRO, very good work! No color shows through at all, I can find it, but its very hard to see. My guess on grade would be around 9.0/9.2 OW/WP

what's the resto status? slight? none? it looks like a real beauty to me! :applause:

I am not sure, I know it has some, but I think just a few very small fill pieces, and the CT to match, clean job?? My guess Minor/Mod PRO, very good work! No color shows through at all, I can find it, but its very hard to see. My guess on grade would be around 9.0/9.2 OW/WP

I inspected this book quite closely last year, when I first started collecting timely's...and was going to buy it, but xavier logan had a copy at ponscon too, that was just a little cheaper, so I passed on Bedrocks...but, I still have my notes... 8.5 with ow pages and moderate resto (that is how I graded it last year)...it is a beautttttttttt

congrats schomy

I inspected this book quite closely last year, when I first started collecting timely's...and was going to buy it, but xavier logan had a copy at ponscon too, that was just a little cheaper, so I passed on Bedrocks...but, I still have my notes... 8.5 with ow pages and moderate resto (that is how I graded it last year)...it is a beautttttttttt

congrats schomy

I bet you a plane ticket to Pons con it hits 9.0, if less then I pay yours... :baiting:

Edited by mr.schomburg

congrats schomy

I bet you a plane ticket to Pons con it hits 9.0, if less then I pay yours... :baiting:

I actually compared it to a freshly cracked 8.5 MF 53, and they looked identical...hence, I went with 8.5, but you have book in hand, so you know better than I :) ...for some reason, restored books tend to grade about .5 less than they "appear"

rick

congrats schomy

I actually compared it to a freshly cracked 8.5 MF 53, and they looked identical...hence, I went with 8.5, but you have book in hand, so you know better than I :) ...for some reason, restored books tend to grade about .5 less than they "appear"

rick

I was just giving you a little shizzle! :baiting: