• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

Great books, Skybolt. Thanks for posting again! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Skybolt, if you ever want to part with that All-Select #3, I'm your guy. VERY cool cover! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks. The strange thing was that Midnightshadow17 posted that book for 6 or 7 straight weeks 2 years ago, and no one would bid his starting price. Finally, he listed it at $999, and I decided to hit the bin. At that time I was only collecting Batmans, but since this book was ranked 2nd on the census (8.0 or 8.5 being the highest), I decided to pull the trigger. I'm glad I did.

If I ever decide to sell it, you're the person I'll contact first. thumbsup2.gif

Hey Skybolt, what Batmans do you have? Are you still collecting?

Hey Skybolt, what Batmans do you have? Are you still collecting?

I own 15 pre 1960 Batmans, but haven't picked one up in over a year. I may go back and collect more, but I'm not sure at this time.

I've posted these books before, but might as well make them permanent on the GA thread above.

Here's another captain - This time Captain Terror !check out hitler in the Drill Mobile !

usa2.jpg

I apoligise for the rippling on the floor and walls of the tunnel. It's a scanner artifact. Interestingly, the effect gets worse if I up the scanner resolution.

Didn't think I had a chance at this but yay.gif

SMC32R.jpg

Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Do you have it in hand?

Make sure read it BEFORE you slab it -- Subby 32 is great book. poke2.gif

No I just won it raw, apparently slight restoration by Matt Nelson and the estimated grade is 8.0. I plan to read this for sure but I think I will get it slabbed. I need to figure out how to calculate the value of a restored book? 50% of guide if only slight resto?

Silver - I think you did well. IIRC that book usually goes for at least twice guide, so you picked it up for what an unrestored VG would likely sell for - which sounds like the lowest it would have graded pre-restoration depending on how bad the spine splits were. If you ever get tired of it let me know.

Silver - I think you did well. IIRC that book usually goes for at least twice guide, so you picked it up for what an unrestored VG would likely sell for - which sounds like the lowest it would have graded pre-restoration depending on how bad the spine splits were. If you ever get tired of it let me know.

Correct on the lower grade issues, I have seen one that recently went for around $450 so I very please with this purchase. I'm looking forward to sending this in for slabbing.