• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,019 posts in this topic

this my better copy

740162-Subby33_2.jpg

740162-Subby33_2.jpg.14a0f08101960b970c9fb30ba5948732.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

this my better copy

740162-Subby33_2.jpg

Hello. 893whatthe.gif Your copy would probably be the highest one in the CGC census if graded, very very nice. I take it that is your copy on Metro's site?

Take a closer look at Metro, it's definitely not my copy.

This baby ain't going nowhere! There might be a higher graded copy, but it's unlikely to have the colors and page quality of this one. Even if I upgraded it, I'd still keep this copy to read the great Everett stories..

The mis-wrap is less on mine. It may be more obvious to me because I have the pleasure of looking at my actual copy. The Metro copy doesn't have the "swipes" of extra ink from the original printing press (you see this in the "Atlas" diagonal). Also notice the position of the top staple -- in the white for Metro, in the black for mine. In any the Metro copy is neither of my copies.

Fuel Dude that book freakin rocks. 893applaud-thumb.gif Tell us about the grade, restored or unrestored?

Thank you! I'm very pleased with it!

I would think it would grade VF.

As for restored Vs Unrestored: There is evidence of a spot of glue sealing a bindery tear and a 1/2" tear seal to one page of the centerfold. That's it. As far as I'm concerned, it's Preservation rather than Restoration: A bindery tear is acceptable, so why fix it unless to protect it from further damage. The seal of a tear to the centerfold also does not do anything to improve the look of the book, but it too would keep further damage from occuring. If it were CGC'd,.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Fuel Dude that book freakin rocks. 893applaud-thumb.gif Tell us about the grade, restored or unrestored?

Thank you! I'm very pleased with it!

I would think it would grade VF.

As for restored Vs Unrestored: There is evidence of a spot of glue sealing a bindery tear and a 1/2" tear seal to one page of the centerfold. That's it. As far as I'm concerned, it's Preservation rather than Restoration: A bindery tear is acceptable, so why fix it unless to protect it from further damage. The seal of a tear to the centerfold also does not do anything to improve the look of the book, but it too would keep further damage from occuring. If it were CGC'd,.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Any chance you might have the glue sealing professionally removed? Should still garner a high grade and probably increase its value dramatically. Very nice.

Any chance you might have the glue sealing professionally removed? Should still garner a high grade and probably increase its value dramatically. Very nice.

Believe me, that thought has been bouncing around my head since I got it. There's no rush though, I can get it done anytime asI don't intend on letting this one go for another two decades: "Retirement".

juggle.gif

Um...I know I'm the Nedor guy, but I succumbed to temptation and bought a Timely from a board member. Now I find myself searching Metro, PGCMint, and Heritage for others.

West, is there a So Cal support group I can join for this, before it gets out of hand?

submariner17.jpg

Um...I know I'm the Nedor guy, but I succumbed to temptation and bought a Timely from a board member. Now I find myself searching Metro, PGCMint, and Heritage for others.

West, is there a So Cal support group I can join for this, before it gets out of hand?

submariner17.jpg

Do you have a license to own that comic?

Because if not, I'm afraid we're going to have to turn you in.

Seriously, that's a very pretty copy of that book. thumbsup2.gif