• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Mr Pym - that a grade you don't see often for a Timely. (worship):o :o

I got these nice books from a gentleman in Texas!

First a Cap

cap39cgc80.jpg

I owned that book 20+ years ago. I did a part cash/part trade deal for it with Dave Smith at Fantasy Illustrated in Garden Grove, CA. It was probably the first Schomburg cover that I ever owned. I owned it for years, but can't remember who I sold it to.

had the cap box home this weekend, and did some thumbing up of the raw ones. no telling how long i've had this copy, but as i was thumbing it, i thought, 'oh, my, what nice shape, and oh, my, what pretty white pages,' and then i noticed the date stamp. rang a bell, and by the time i finished my research on other specimens and mattie's thumbnail on the ped [with pictures], i am convinced it is the san francisco copy. i know it's not too late a book, as two of my geeks have owned the mm 60 'frisco, which is from the very same month, and the g.l. 14 and leading 13 are stamped in december. i even found other red ink date stamp copies, on the tall geek's cap 26 reilly and flash 57. tho' i have a couple 'frisco's, i got rid of my only timely [known] this year in order to get into my fantastic 6, so i am VERY psyched about this.

cap43.jpg

had the cap box home this weekend, and did some thumbing up of the raw ones. no telling how long i've had this copy, but as i was thumbing it, i thought, 'oh, my, what nice shape, and oh, my, what pretty white pages,' and then i noticed the date stamp. rang a bell, and by the time i finished my research on other specimens and mattie's thumbnail on the ped [with pictures], i am convinced it is the san francisco copy. i know it's not too late a book, as two of my geeks have owned the mm 60 'frisco, which is from the very same month, and the g.l. 14 and leading 13 are stamped in december. i even found other red ink date stamp copies, on the tall geek's cap 26 reilly and flash 57. tho' i have a couple 'frisco's, i got rid of my only timely [known] this year in order to get into my fantastic 6, so i am VERY psyched about this.

cap43.jpg

Here's the MM 60 SF

MM60cgc90SanFrancisocopy.jpg

cap43.jpg

Here's the MM 60 SF

MM60cgc90SanFrancisocopy.jpg

i remember it well; looks better than the assigned grade, for sure.

Been on the hunt for this one for a year now. Got it on the feebay :luhv:

NEWmystic32ndseriesfixed.jpg

cool; neat knockoff, right down to the green granite. i think i'd rather get the mace in the azz rather than the hook that the poor blue blaze unfortunately fell victim to.

mystic1.jpg