• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

The best personal introduction I can devise for this thread is to show you what I discovered under a nicely lit tree a couple of days ago:

captainamerica_5.jpg

But I'm getting well ahead of myself. Instead of a lump of spousal coal I ended up with a book that I'd really wanted (major drool factor); I must've been one heckuva lot less naughty than I thought this past year (go figure)!

This is now one of the centerpieces of my collection; I'm still in awe.

Any of you guys have similar experiences???

Edited by DavidMerryweather

The best personal introduction I can devise for this thread is to show you what I discovered under a nicely lit tree a couple of days ago:

captainamerica_5.jpg

But I'm getting well ahead of myself. Instead of a lump of spousal coal I ended up with a book that I'd really wanted (major drool factor); I must've been one heckuva lot less naughty than I thought this past year (go figure)!

i've had a couple funny-books under the tree, and one a 'frisco [not known at the time, tho']. gotta say, yours is some kinda stocking-stuffer.

captainamerica_5.jpg

I've received comics for Christmas, but never anything like that! :whatthe: Congrats!

Thanks guys; mighty nice welcome.

Here is a book I purchased a couple of weeks back; it was one of those "right place - right time" deals and the price was definitely right. The book has some minor restoration (upper right-hand corner appears to have been reattached or tear sealed). I was a little concerned by about the possibility of trimming, but the interior doesn't look trimmed and the cover printing is off-set a bit; maybe someone can gauge this better than I can.

Overall this book has a F/VF appearance with off-white pages:

marvelmystery_66.jpg