• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,103 posts in this topic

Great rich reds on that copy.

Thanks, I got a new scanner and I am having a bear of a time tweeking it. There not quite that rich, but I am super happy with it.

:grin:

Aquaman13Scan-110819-0001.jpg

the death ray is a classic.

Thats a sweet book beaumonts. Wish I had one lol

I have a poster of that cover. The only thing that makes it special, is that I had it signed by Mr. Schomburg himself. It was in the late 80's at SDCC and A. Schomburg was there. I stood in line for about 2 minutes before I made it up to see him :grin:

The days of lines that short are long gone :(

Super book !!

IMG_6695-1.jpg

Great rich reds on that copy.

Thanks, I got a new scanner and I am having a bear of a time tweeking it. There not quite that rich, but I am super happy with it.

Very pretty book! :applause:

My copy arrived from Sarasota while traveling; the first opportunity I'll have to view it after slabbing will be later today (just now getting back to blazing hot Ft. Worth after a lengthy journey that included SDCC and a train tour through western Canada).

Will post scans later! :whee:

Though not the high grde material, I was glad to find these two in Baltimore. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0009-5.jpg

scan0003-5.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

scan0003-5.jpg

One of my favs of the Torch run. Congrats Jim (thumbs u

+1 :applause:

+2 Nice find. Great torch cover. Who can resist an asbestos lady story? (shrug)

+3 Asbestos Lady must be the mother of Asbestos Man, who fought Johnny Storm in Strange Tales #111.

scan0003-5.jpg

+3 Asbestos Lady must be the mother of Asbestos Man, who fought Johnny Storm in Strange Tales #111.

The PQ is great on it with no cover tanning. Unfortunately the dang thing was double guide in mid grade. I can blame Ernie Gerber for this lol .....I'd never have even known it existed if not for him. When his PhotoJournals first came out I spent a whole weekend zoned in to it...."I want this and that and this and that,,," and that Torch was one of the first ones to go on my dream list. It was a bonus to find out it has Everett art on the Human Torch stories.....Everett is :cloud9: and Syd Shores may be my favorite cover artist of the GA.....excluding Schomburg airbrush covers...and Everett horror. I spent WAY to much at the show and had to sell one of the Yellow Claws I got to a boardie friend....it was a tough choice, but I'll see the Yellow Claw again but the Torch seems truly scarce....don't know why it's only a Gerber 4. GOD BLESS...

scan0003-5.jpg

The PQ is great on it with no cover tanning. Unfortunately the dang thing was double guide in mid grade. I can blame Ernie Gerber for this lol .....I'd never have even known it existed if not for him. When his PhotoJournals first came out I spent a whole weekend zoned in to it...."I want this and that and this and that,,," and that Torch was one of the first ones to go on my dream list. It was a bonus to find out it has Everett art on the Human Torch stories.....Everett is :cloud9: and Syd Shores may be my favorite cover artist of the GA.....excluding Schomburg airbrush covers...and Everett horror. I spent WAY to much at the show and had to sell one of the Yellow Claws I got to a boardie friend....it was a tough choice, but I'll see the Yellow Claw again but the Torch seems truly scarce....don't know why it's only a Gerber 4. GOD BLESS...

Double condition guide is cheap. It doesn't come available very often. I don't think I have ever seen one at auction. When I auctioned off my later Timely runs I kept the 27...

ht27.jpg

^Oh wow!! When you say cheap, what do you consider cheap??

Jim said he paid double condition guide for his 27. I'm guessing that would be around $800, give or take. That seems cheap to me for a nice, presentable Human Torch.

scan0003-5.jpg

The PQ is great on it with no cover tanning. Unfortunately the dang thing was double guide in mid grade. I can blame Ernie Gerber for this lol .....I'd never have even known it existed if not for him. When his PhotoJournals first came out I spent a whole weekend zoned in to it...."I want this and that and this and that,,," and that Torch was one of the first ones to go on my dream list. It was a bonus to find out it has Everett art on the Human Torch stories.....Everett is :cloud9: and Syd Shores may be my favorite cover artist of the GA.....excluding Schomburg airbrush covers...and

Everett horror. I spent WAY to much at the show and had to sell one of the Yellow Claws I got to a boardie friend....it was a tough choice, but I'll see the Yellow Claw again but the Torch seems

truly scarce....don't know why it's only a Gerber 4. GOD BLESS...

Double condition guide is cheap. It doesn't come available very often. I don't think I have ever

seen one at auction. When I auctioned off my later Timely runs I kept the 27...

ht27.jpg

That one is a keeper. You wouldn't happen to have kept the 32 and want to show it? :baiting:

That 9.2 is unreal.....it's definitely a top 20 Timely on the "coolness" scale. I was glad to get one. I saw one other before for sale, but it had some major problems that I can't recall....and I almost went for it anyway. This one came from Terry Stroud and if he updated his website more frequently I doubt I'd have had a shot at it....at the show it was partially covered on the wall and I missed it the first time around. I like all the # 1's, but these weird and scarce mid run books with banging covers are what really get me stoked. Thanks for all the comments guys. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12