• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,041 posts in this topic

Has anybody picked up this book (with the purple cover)? I didn't know what to expect but it's pretty good. The material is grabbed from the internet but every character that appeared in a Timely comic is given a chapter and includes publishing history of Daring Mystery, Mystic etc... No cover reproductions, just text. My question is that they have another Timely related book with a pink/green cover and I'm wondering if it covers different material. I messaged the seller but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Articles-on-Timely-Comics-Including-Marvel-Mystery-Comics-Young-Allies-Ma-/380517446822?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item58989b74a6#ht_2093wt_1263

Here's a chapter. Toro got his own chapter. Yay

toro1_zpsfccedd11.jpg

toro2_zpse9a37672.jpg

toro3_zpse18c9f6b.jpg

toro4_zps090c38e8.jpg

Has anybody picked up this book (with the purple cover)? I didn't know what to expect but it's pretty good. The material is grabbed from the internet but every character that appeared in a Timely comic is given a chapter and includes publishing history of Daring Mystery, Mystic etc... No cover reproductions, just text. My question is that they have another Timely related book with a pink/green cover and I'm wondering if it covers different material. I messaged the seller but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Articles-on-Timely-Comics-Including-Marvel-Mystery-Comics-Young-Allies-Ma-/380517446822?pt=US_Texbook_Education&hash=item58989b74a6#ht_2093wt_1263

Here's a chapter. Toro got his own chapter. Yay

toro1_zpsfccedd11.jpg

toro2_zpse9a37672.jpg

toro3_zpse18c9f6b.jpg

toro4_zps090c38e8.jpg

Are they reprints of Wikipedia articles? hm

Would it make more sense to try and find another beat up copy but one that had a more complete cover and then do the resto? hm
yes if you want to resto that I'd find a more complete FC. Otherwise, crack the rest and Mylar it up with the FC. What timing to get that complete. I'm wondering if the seller of the FC knew heritage would be offering an incomplete copy? :) nice and affordable way of completing a Marvel 5 Peter :)