• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Eureka!

when I first collected timely's, I had the entire superhero set except one comic... USA 5....

well, I sold my USA's back in 2009 having never completed that one timely hero run...

in 2012 I finally got a nice USA 5, so I decided to put a mini run of 5-13 back together, just so I could finally say "I owned them all at same time"...

3 years later, I had 5-7 and 9-13 but the 8 eluded me....until Heroes con when a friend traded me a copy...

so, finally, I have a complete, unbroken subset of 5-13...

image_zpsaq5ihyj2.jpg

Eureka!

when I first collected timely's, I had the entire superhero set except one comic... USA 5....

well, I sold my USA's back in 2009 having never completed that one timely hero run...

in 2012 I finally got a nice USA 5, so I decided to put a mini run of 5-13 back together, just so I could finally say "I owned them all at same time"...

3 years later, I had 5-7 and 9-13 but the 8 eluded me....until Heroes con when a friend traded me a copy...

image_zpsaq5ihyj2.jpg

Nice!! Can we see it??

Eureka!

image_zpsaq5ihyj2.jpg

Nice!! Can we see it??

+1, or better yet, a group shot

Eureka!

image_zpsaq5ihyj2.jpg

VERY nice GAtor!!! Also, that is probably the most praise I've ever seen for a set of "top labels" ever before in my life!!! :baiting:

Here are a couple recent pick ups.

This one was becoming a real pain to find.

19655557159_dc45ebfbd8_o.jpg

congrats. It's a tougher 1943 book. Most don't want to cut it loose.

This was probably the original owner of that book.

Norman W. Hilton, Jr. as stamped on the comic. Two years ago he passed away.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=NORMAN-HILTON&lc=0305&pid=164664968&mid=5521885

congrats. It's a tougher 1943 book. Most don't want to cut it loose.

This was probably the original owner of that book.

Norman W. Hilton, Jr. as stamped on the comic. Two years ago he passed away.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=NORMAN-HILTON&lc=0305&pid=164664968&mid=5521885

WOW ...... ya gotta wait for a fella to check out before a copy becomes available ..... :ohnoez:

I think cap 33 had an interesting Human Torch story.

19247572684_295a57aef7_b.jpg

and the splash on the right is from Cap 33 too, I think.

19844031356_31295380cc_b.jpg

Eureka!

image_zpsaq5ihyj2.jpg

Nice!! Can we see it??

+1, or better yet, a group shot

if g.a.tor won't, i will.

usasI.jpg

usasII.jpg