• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your Timely's and I'll show you mine. Have a Cigar...
30 30

23,018 posts in this topic

Just back from CGC, not to happy with the PQ but what the heck, it's still a nice book with a great cover!

DSC_0020%20814x1280_zpsub1c1vjo.jpg

From a grading range POV, Lt. Tan - OW is supposed to be better than Cream - OW scale-wise, but that's not the way it's perceived. (shrug)

Still, that's a very pretty book! (thumbs u

Cr-ow is definitely better than lt tan to ow ...any grading range that says otherwise is wrong (shrug)

Just back from CGC, not to happy with the PQ but what the heck, it's still a nice book with a great cover!

From a grading range POV, Lt. Tan - OW is supposed to be better than Cream - OW scale-wise, but that's not the way it's perceived. (shrug)

Cr-ow is definitely better than lt tan to ow ...any grading range that says otherwise is wrong (shrug)

Me thinks our good Mr Merryweather has partaken a bit to much in the fermented beverages

:baiting:

Me thinks our good Mr Merryweather has partaken a bit to much in the fermented beverages

Think again...

http://www.bipcomics.com/showcase/CGCWhiteness/

I hate to correct folks, especially after imbibing fermented beverages, but I didn't make this up. (*hic!*)

Truth is, I didn't believe it either before checking reference whiteness scales that stated otherwise. Maybe there are conflicting scales. (shrug)

Think again...

I hate to correct folks, especially after consuming fermented beverages, but I didn't make this up. (*hic!*)

Truth is, I didn't believe it either before checking reference whiteness scales that stated otherwise. Maybe there are conflicting scales. (shrug)

I actually don't think that scale is in order (But it is an awesome reference). If you look, lt tan to off-white only goes to 9.2 while cream to off-white goes to 9.8

Please bear in mind, I was distilling tonight which involves a significant consumption of distilled fermented beverages. :insane:

Read the notes below the scale. It would seem to bear out the PQ order. I don't profess to know which scale is the correct one, but the anecdotal evidence seems to place Lt. Tan above Cream.

Gator seems pretty certain that COW is better than Lt. Tan - OW and he has sharp teeth! :eek:

Think again...

I hate to correct folks, especially after imbibing fermented beverages, but I didn't make this up. (*hic!*)

If one reads that scale as accurate in terms of pq desiredness, that's on them. It is wrong , plain and simple, to think lt tan to ow is better pq than cr to ow. It's really that simple

Think again...

If one reads that scale as accurate in terms of pq desiredness, that's on them. It is wrong , plain and simple, to think lt tan to ow is better pq than cr to ow. It's really that simple

I have to agree, in my book crow pages are better than light tan to ow pages.

There is zero debate. Cgc already confirmed pq hierarchy as did Timely when he was a grader for cgc

There is zero debate. Cgc already confirmed pq hierarchy as did Timely when he was a grader for cgc

Some time ago I got a book back from CGC that "improved" in PQ from Lt.Tan/OW to COW and was happy about it. Like I said, perception is what matters. As far as I'm concerned there is no debate, but there are conflicting descriptions in print, confirmations notwithstanding.

I will gladly debate Coke Zero with you, however! :sumo:

Think again...

Read it again, it's a speculative argument predicated on one point. That one point taken against a mountain of evidence to the contrary is invalid.

Some time ago I got a book back from CGC that "improved" in PQ from Lt.Tan/OW to COW and was happy about it. Like I said, perception is what matters. As far as I'm concerned there is no debate, but there are conflicting descriptions in print, confirmations notwithstanding.

I will gladly debate Coke Zero with you, however! :sumo:

The bip "printed" list is no more valid than if some random person printed out a list

Cgc has confirmed their pq designation ...that's the only list that matters ;)

Think again...

Read it again, it's a speculative argument predicated on one point. That one point taken against a mountain of evidence to the contrary is invalid.

That's not how I interpreted it, but I was trying to make the original poster feel a little better about the PQ of his graded book. My point is that there are conflicting views, regardless of the consensus, that the PQ grading scale is open to interpretation. If debating the issue is academic because one POV is widely accepted, that is beside the point. The opinion is out there and clearly there's a scale which presents it in the manner described arguments to the contrary notwithstanding.

No alcohol has been consumed in the forming of this post nor mole hills made of any mountain of evidence. ;)

Think again...

That's not how I interpreted it, but I was trying to make the original poster feel a little better about the PQ of his graded book. My point is that there are conflicting views, regardless of the consensus, that the PQ grading scale is open to interpretation. If debating the issue is academic because one POV is widely accepted, that is beside the point. The opinion is out there and clearly there's a scale which presents it in the manner described arguments to the contrary notwithstanding.

No alcohol has been consumed in the forming of this post nor mole hills made of any mountain of evidence. ;)

Thank you! (thumbs u

I'm quite happy with the book, but I kinda hoped for crow pages. Well you can't win them all. lol

PQ Rankings! :sumo:

White

Off-White/White

Off-White

Cream/Off-White

Cream

Light Tan/Off-White

Tan/Off-White

Tan

Dark Tan/Off-White

Slightly Brittle

Brittle

West

White

Off-White/White

Off-White

Cream/Off-White

Cream

Light Tan/Off-White

Tan/Off-White

Tan

Dark Tan/Off-White

Slightly Brittle

Brittle

West

the same as last time you posted (worship)

Makes all other "opinions" invalid ;)

Think again...

It's not open to interpretation though. The only way you can interpret it is right or wrong.

White

Off-White/White

Off-White

Cream/Off-White

Cream

Light Tan/Off-White

Tan/Off-White

Tan

Dark Tan/Off-White

Slightly Brittle

Brittle

West

Not sure I've ever seen that one. hm

White

Off-White/White

Off-White

Cream/Off-White

Cream

Light Tan/Off-White

Tan/Off-White

Tan

Dark Tan/Off-White

Slightly Brittle

Brittle

West

on a rare occasion. Also, for certain books that are pink or blue pages just sub for "white"

White

Off-White/White

Off-White

Cream/Off-White

Cream

Light Tan/Off-White

Tan/Off-White

Tan

Dark Tan/Off-White

Slightly Brittle

Brittle

West

on a rare occasion. Also, for certain books that are pink or blue pages just sub for "white"

I had a PL #17 graded "pink" PQ. Victor Fox's books were colorful, no doubt about it. lol