• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 23,MMC 2, 8, 92 Superman 15, and more

64 posts in this topic

Superman 15....was formerly a cgc 6.5 (label # 634835015) (see bottom pic), but was bought cracked (though still in slab)...so, I resubmitted, but this time, it only got a 6.0 ...

in any event, book looks the same and has white pages, though noted as ow/white this time:

$1000 obo

sup15f-1.jpg

sup15b-1.jpg

this is scan when it was a 6.5

supes65.jpg

I need to add this baby to my want list! :popcorn:

why add when you can buy it now :baiting:

Superman 15....was formerly a cgc 6.5 (label # 634835015) (see bottom pic), but was bought cracked (though still in slab)...so, I resubmitted, but this time, it only got a 6.0 ...

in any event, book looks the same and has white pages, though noted as ow/white this time:

$1000 obo

sup15f-1.jpg

Seems like the majority of copies of this book have the white lines on the cover. I initially thought my copy had been the top copy in a stack that had been tied with string, but I see those white lines again and again.

Someone really should nab the Supes. #15 doesn't come around as often as the issues surrounding it, and that's a nice copy with killer pages.

Not to mention it is the story used in my favorite GA Superman cartoon from the Max Fleischer series

Someone really should nab the Supes. #15 doesn't come around as often as the issues surrounding it, and that's a nice copy with killer pages.

Not to mention it is the story used in my favorite GA Superman cartoon from the Max Fleischer series

that is why the book was cracked out of the 6.5 holder, to read it doh!

How many times have I told you to put down the Coke Zero when reading prime Golden Age?

How many times have I told you to put down the Coke Zero when reading prime Golden Age?

just polished off a CZ :cloud9:

just an update...getting close to a sale on both the action 23 and the MMC 2...

lots of the "same" $ offer on the supes 15 (thanks to all, just a wee too low)...close, but no cigar...

zero interest in the 8...it was bought from Motor city and described as a fn/vf restored copy...2100 was the price paid to them (not by me, but by former owner)...

I can't see it much better than the 5.0 range, so have some room to work on that book, if anyone is interested

$1000 obo

sup15f-1.jpg

Seems like the majority of copies of this book have the white lines on the cover. I initially thought my copy had been the top copy in a stack that had been tied with string, but I see those white lines again and again.

It is a manufacturing defect. Roller lines from the print.

West

$1000 obo

sup15f-1.jpg

It is a manufacturing defect. Roller lines from the print.

West

explaination doesn't get any better than that!

Marvel Mystery comics #2

Heritage last Aug (auction #829, lot #41073)

note, the "YSXP" is written on the back of the slab and is NOT on the comic)

$5500

mmc2f.jpg

mmc2b.jpg

That's a sweet deal....if only I had play money right now :frustrated: