• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Ditko...
1 1

238 posts in this topic

I heard, little known fact I guess, that Ditko, besides freelancing, was also part of a vicious outlaw gang of ruthless criminals and gangters in the mid-60s, they would terrorize mild urban communities in the South central L A and in the upper Orange County areas. Anyways, my source ("Crazy Pancho" Gutierrez), said that one time, like five of them ended in an overnight holding cell because of an incident involving a one-eyed mentally challenged hooker, a midget on PCP, and an unpaid bar tab at an O'reilys Pub. The thing is, the next day, when they were getting let out, they were all picking up their belongings at a Police cage, the attendant would give them a release form and give them their stuff, when it was Ditko's turn, as Crazy Pacho goes on to tell, the attendant gave him the paper to sign, when Ditko was getting ready to sign, he stopped dead in his tracks, looked up, smirked.. and yelled "Why can't you guys get it through your thick skulls?!!? NO AUTOGRAPHS!!"

The guy at the cage got the reciept back with a picture of a penus, and was left wondering who the heck this guy was!

I heard, little known fact I guess, that Ditko, besides freelancing, was also part of a vicious outlaw gang of ruthless criminals and gangters in the mid-60s, they would terrorize mild urban communities in the South central L A and in the upper Orange County areas. Anyways, my source ("Crazy Pancho" Gutierrez), said that one time, like five of them ended in an overnight holding cell because of an incident involving a one-eyed mentally challenged hooker, a midget on PCP, and an unpaid bar tab at an O'reilys Pub. The thing is, the next day, when they were getting let out, they were all picking up their belongings at a Police cage, the attendant would give them a release form and give them their stuff, when it was Ditko's turn, as Crazy Pacho goes on to tell, the attendant gave him the paper to sign, when Ditko was getting ready to sign, he stopped dead in his tracks, looked up, smirked.. and yelled "Why can't you guys get it through your thick skulls?!!? NO AUTOGRAPHS!!"

The guy at the cage got the reciept back with a picture of a penus, and was left wondering who the heck this guy was!

:applause:

Funny stuff, chespirito! lol

I've loved Ditko's work since first reading Spidey reprints when I was a young kid.

AmazFantRunsm.jpg

Well.. if you guys are doing it.. maybe i should try my luck as well..

When you go see Ditko, can you bring the friend pictured in your avatar? Ask her to lift her shirt up and Steve might autograph her left breast. ;)

It worked with Alex Ross, he was trying to sign her breast with a pencil! To make matters worse, it was the eraser side..his cheecks turned a bit red...

Totally made up... lol

But in all seriousness..Ditko is the man..my hero, right up there with the likes of Charles Bronson, Chuck Norris, Pee-Wee Herman (Pre-theater incident, of course!), and Dora La Exploradora.. man..they rock!

But in all seriousness..Ditko is the man..my hero, right up there with the likes of Charles Bronson, Chuck Norris, Pee-Wee Herman (Pre-theater incident, of course!), and Dora La Exploradora.. man..they rock!

Considering that Steve fancies a shoulder holster and paces his apartment like a caged animal, I'd also throw in the likes of Phil Spector into your mix...he rocked.

Is it true that one time at a breast cancer awareness sit-in at DC, a girl was trying to get a few hundred signatures for a petition to send it to George Bush's reps, when she went up to Ditko,and asked him for his signature..he saw what he thought was a line behind her (There was a large crowd of people), he looked shocked, and furiously yelled:

"WHAT?!?..This whole elaborate set-up for my signature? You are all crazy, crazy I tell you! I give NO AUTOGRAPHS, no exceptions!!!" .. he gave the girl the meanest dirtiest look ever, threw the petition on the ground, and stormed off..

Someone had to hand her the petition because she could not reach it from her wheelchair and was left completely baffled.. :o

Will do that but, last time we were at Ditko's front step, he had previously agreed, his assistant held us on his front door step for half an hour because he couldn't have so many people in Ditko's front yard (it was me, my sister's daughter, along with her whole girl scout troop, all 42 eight year olds girls)..we had to move to the sidewalk area..anyways..we were trying to raise money for the International coalition for drug awareness and spouse abuse by selling the oooohh sooo delicious chocolate chip cookies that everyone loves, when out of the blue, all of the sudden, out of nowhere, Ditko came out, and said "if you guys need anything, and I mean anything..just let me know".. I was a block away in the local McDonald's taking care of my bladder at the time but, as I was told, one of the girl scouts asked him if he was willing to draw a picture for fundraising, he agreed...then when a my then grlfriend (picture on top) asked him for a Spiderman sketch...he stopped smiling... then...he went bezerk!! and began a 3 minute rant about how he is more than a 'guy that knows how to draw Spiderman'.. started throwing the appetizers his secretary had prepared for us ..everyone started running.. all the girls were covered in cinnamon sooffley (misspelled)...it was a total disaster.

On a good note, his neighbor did buy ten boxes of cookies..

I love the picture you posted...AWESOME!!!

LMAO!

Is it true that one time at a breast cancer awareness sit-in at DC, a girl was trying to get a few hundred signatures for a petition to send it to George Bush's reps, when she went up to Ditko,and asked him for his signature..he saw what he thought was a line behind her (There was a large crowd of people), he looked shocked, and furiously yelled:

"WHAT?!?..This whole elaborate set-up for my signature? You are all crazy, crazy I tell you! I give NO AUTOGRAPHS, no exceptions!!!" .. he gave the girl the meanest dirtiest look ever, threw the petition on the ground, and stormed off..

Someone had to hand her the petition because she could not reach it from her wheelchair and was left completely baffled.. :o

lol

Will do that but, last time we were at Ditko's front step, he had previously agreed, his assistant held us on his front door step for half an hour because he couldn't have so many people in Ditko's front yard (it was me, my sister's daughter, along with her whole girl scout troop, all 42 eight year olds girls)..we had to move to the sidewalk area..anyways..we were trying to raise money for the International coalition for drug awareness and spouse abuse by selling the oooohh sooo delicious chocolate chip cookies that everyone loves, when out of the blue, all of the sudden, out of nowhere, Ditko came out, and said "if you guys need anything, and I mean anything..just let me know".. I was a block away in the local McDonald's taking care of my bladder at the time but, as I was told, one of the girl scouts asked him if he was willing to draw a picture for fundraising, he agreed...then when a my then grlfriend (picture on top) asked him for a Spiderman sketch...he stopped smiling... then...he went bezerk!! and began a 3 minute rant about how he is more than a 'guy that knows how to draw Spiderman'.. started throwing the appetizers his secretary had prepared for us ..everyone started running.. all the girls were covered in cinnamon sooffley (misspelled)...it was a total disaster.

On a good note, his neighbor did buy ten boxes of cookies..

I love the picture you posted...AWESOME!!!

Do I smell Reality TV show?